Hurricane Earl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbyboy

Cat Herder
With the potential for a an impact of Hurricane Earl, has anyone else caught anything while monitoring? Im getting my systems set up and was wondering if anyone else has heard anything. The NHC track continuously shifts to the west so it ought be interesting.

NCFire11

Im noticing the western movement of the hurricane too, we may get more than we were thinking.

davidgcet

Premium Subscriber
you guys up there stay safe! i live a couple hundred miles inland and we still had a fair amount(no where near what the coasts had though) of damage from Katrina/Wilma/Gustav, with Gustav being the worst as it put most of the city under 3'+ of water for a few hours.

Robbyboy

Cat Herder
Im noticing the western movement of the hurricane too, we may get more than we were thinking.

I called this early yesterday (westward movement) and told the wife to get bags ready this morning... They just hung hurricane watches along the entire NC coast!

drproehl

If you have an SWL or HF radio you can tune to 14.325 USB and monitor the NHC Hurricane Watch Net.
The net is activate whenever a tropical system has achieved hurricane status and is within 300 miles of populated land mass or at the request of the National Hurricane Center. The net controllers are usually located in the midwest (i.e. Missouri, Kansas, etc.) since propagation at that frequency makes it difficult for the NHC office to hear stations along the coast. Depending on your location you may only hear one side of the conversation.

murrayustud

KI4DCR
Premium Subscriber
I've been monitoring about all the talkgroups & surprisingly nothing, no events groups, nothing? strange...

fuzzymoto

Premium Subscriber
I've been monitoring Dare Co (remotely) for the last 48 hours or so and it's surprisingly quiet. A few medical assists but nothing much beyond that. They;re showing Rt 12 north and south is a parking lot so I'll bet it's pretty interesting...and the storm still has a little westerly movement too which is bad.

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
I'm monitoring heavy traffic on NCNG Tac 1 which I assume is hurricane related.

Also starting to get some traffic on NCNG- 2 as well.

The Down East Repeater Link System is now linked up to the
Outer Banks repeaters as well as repeaters in the Wilmington area.
Just pick the one nearest you and listen.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Any of these repeaters on Echolink where we can remotely monitor?

KM4WLV

I'm monitoring here in Salisbury too and not a lot on VIPER that I've heard. I'm betting we're gonna get a lot more rain and wind than what they're expecting. Think about Hurricane Hugo back in 1989. It was supposed to turn out and apparently Mother Nature had other thoughts.........

To all our friends out east and on the coast : Be safe, especially those in public safety !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.