Hurricane Irene scanner feed at W2LIE.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
W2LIE.net will setup the "Special" feed this weekend to include the following agencies for Hurricane Irene:
  • Nasasu County OEM
  • Suffolk County EOC
  • New York City OEM
  • Nassau County ARES
  • Nassau County RACES
  • Suffolk County ARES/RACES
  • Nassau County SKYWARN
  • Suffolk County SKYWARN
  • New York City ARES
  • Long Island Red Cross
  • New York City Red Cross
Additionally, all W2LIE.net Premium members will be able to listen to these frequencies in the PCR-1000 Remote Radio. You will be able to lock the radio onto a specific frequency or bank, or enter your own frequency. Using Mumble will allow you to hear the audio with almost no delay.

The PCR-1000 will also include a group for LIRR, PD, FD, Long Island Power Authority, Red Cross, as well as others.

If anyone has any additional frequencies they would like programmed into the Special Feed, please let me know.

We plan on turning the feed up early Saturday morning, and users should access the feed and see it's status on this page: [link]

As long as we have commercial power, the special feed will remain active.

Be safe this weekend.
Phil / w2lie

SCPD

QRT
this web page

keeps telling me i already registered for this site, i forgot password but when I put the email in it tells me it does not reconize my email. gggggrrrrrrrrr

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
What frequencies/trunk talk groups do you have for Suffolk EOC? What frequencies are ARES/RACES operating on?

Utah_Viper

why don't you contact RR and have the feed hosted through them?? your feed will likely get hammered and crash. Also I prefer the player that RR uses, and also have mobile capability.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Because I already send 4 of my feeds to Radio Reference. I choose to send those and keep others "local".
My feeds run off a VPS in Texas, and I have plenty of overhead, I'm not worried about crashing - I'll most likely lose power at home before that even comes close to happening.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
I was updating the scan list. details: http://www.w2lie.net/apps/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?9775.post

On a side note, power is out to a lot of Long Island, as of this morning, I seem to be one of the lucky ones who woke up with electricity. My FiOS Connection is acting like dial-up.

The eye of the storm is less than 100mi to our south at this time, so it is still very likely I could lose power at the QTH. If that happens, the "Special" Feed for IRENE will be offline.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Long Island Power Authority frequencies have been added into the feed. Ham Radio Frequencies have been removed at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.