• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Hytera PD36x vs. "Hytera" TD360

Status
Not open for further replies.

TassieJay

First dip of the toe into the Hytera pool.
I always liked the form factor of the PD36x, thinking they'd be perfect for around the home use with a DMR hotspot.
Spied a "Hytera" TD360 that looks pretty much identical to the PD36x line, at a very attractive price, so before you could say 'drop ship to me, please' I have one on order.
Would I be correct in saying the "Hytera" TD360 is a Chinese copy of the real Hytera PD36x line, made on the same production line as the real Hytera radios, after they discontinued that particular line?
And what about programming software - will I need to try an acquire the original Hytera software, or is there a specific version for the TDD360?
Thanks in advance for your input!

dazey77

I love the Hytera 36x and 37x series as basic radios. They have great range and are nice and light weight. Nice in the hand to use with a hotspot but the only issue in my opinion for hotspot use is lack of full keypad. They do have the two contacts lists (main and favourites) but the menu is kind of annoying and there is also no way to turn off keypad beeping unless you stop all beeps. To add a new contact you have to use CPS. A full blown Hytera also shows names of contacts even that are not in your contact is which is nice (Alias display). A full blown hytera also lets you enter manual dial group and private contacts which is useful for hotspots.

I also have a Motorola SL4000 which I mention as it is a similar form factor to the PD3xx series but has full keypad. It is however digital only which is a right pain. If you hunt around they are not as expensive as they might look but twice the PD36x. This does not give the hytera alias display, gives manual private call entry but not manual group call entry.

I have no idea about the TD360 sorry. If I was a guessing person, the CPS might be in Chinese?

Status
Not open for further replies.