• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Hytera PD782G Updated Firmware Access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZShane

Hello,
I'm a new Hytera PD782G user. I'm looking for the latest Firnware for this radio (radio at 4.01)- 4.5 is what I see on Hytera web site. I attempted to register with Hytera US site, but the site replies that I already have an account, which I don't. I attempt to have it return a password reset, then I get status that my user name is not registered... SO, of the dealers on this list, how do I go about acquiring my own copy of the firmware to update my radio? I know the version of firmware in the radio does not exchange text messages with MOTO TRBO radios, as I attempted to do so many times Saturday afternoon and evening.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Shane

AZShane

To All,
I want to make it perfectly clear I'm looking for legitimate access to the firmware- whether that be by local radio dealer (of which I don't know of- here in the Phoenix, AZ metro area), or by purchasing a firmware upgrade package directly from HyteraUS. I'm a Ham here in Arizona and am intending on acquiring multiple radios, and would like to be able to service them myself.

Regards,
Shane

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Thought i may revive an old thread. I recently got a PD782G and i too would like to legitimately upgrade the firmware in my unit. Did a quick google search and found a dealer in Nevada and am waiting on a reply from him.

wncrescue

Premium Subscriber
on another forum there is NX7R in Nevada, near Las Vegas who is a hytera dealer, would do you well to get with him.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I believe i was able to get a hold of him about a month ago and paid to have my 2 units firmware upgraded.
Nice fellow to work with and i will probably do more business with him.

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I found for my Hytera some new Firmware on a Amateur Radio website.
Dealers would charge me a lot of money for that.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I did a google search for firmware prior to buying it. Being a former 2-way tech i know how easy it is to brick a radio and i would prefer to not do that. Guess i just dont trust random sites that i can google and get software from. Purchased my firmware and upgraded successfully.

To be fair, the dealer did tell me that had i purchased the radio from him the firmware would have been free. I find this fair as i got the radio from another source so i didnt mind paying for it. I also think he gave me a discount if im not mistaken. Either way i felt it was a trusted source for the firmware.

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
My dealer dident replay my Mails but I saved ~200€ per Radio.

k7plt

Not sure if this is still relevant, but I too am a Hytera dealer here in Las Vegas and can perform firmware updates for a minimal charge . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.