• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Hytera pd782g

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone in the group used the HYTERA PD782G on Motorola trbo repeater.
I know messaging will not work between the 6550's and the PD782G but does the other features work in digital mode.

Thanks

Jim

I have bought one of these about 2 months ago, and its took me this long to get the programming software (long story)... I bought mine to replace all the tetra kit I was using for roip.

There's loads of thing I want to try (including TRBO and Hytera repeaters), and whenever I get something new to work I try to make a youtube video so others can see whats happening.

I still don't have the USB driver to program my handheld though :(

I dont suppose anyone here could fire me an email with the driver as an attachment? Its not for sale anywhere and simply comes free with the software (for obvious reasons) so there's no copyright issues as far asI can make out.

Yes, Ive tried my local dealer, but UK dealers won't supply US software of ANY kind.
782 = US
785 = UK

Has anyone in the group used the HYTERA PD782G on Motorola trbo repeater.
I know messaging will not work between the 6550's and the PD782G but does the other features work in digital mode.

Thanks

Jim
I have not used it personally but I do know that the Hytera will work on a Trbo repeater. You must remove "Enhanced Privacy" on the Trbo radios in order to hear the Hytera. Im guessing this is due to the difference in encryption.

Not sure about any other features though.

I originally had Mototrbo. We switched to Hytera, and in the early conversion process, found that the hytera radios will work on Mototrbo repeater if enhanced privacy was turned off. However, the repeaters will not communicate via ip. Hytera has said they will try and make that possible in future upgrades of firmware. However, we converted the 2 sites we have over to Hytera and now have 6 UHF and 1 VHF repeater all tied together. Works great. using pseudo trunk to have a 2ch trunked sytem on all sites. Very pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.