• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Hytera X1p - Private Calls Not Triggering

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjolnir792

I'm told others were having the same issue - using HDC, I tried to initiate a Call Alert/Private Call fro a Motorola HT portable to a Hytera X1pi, using an individual unique 4 digit HDC ID. The radio doesn't decode it...but it does decode Selective Calls to a group and the ID directly no problems. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a setting I need to activate?

dazey77

I have a mototrbo DMR and an X1P but am struggling to understand what you are trying to do. This is all analogue 5-tone right? Your trying to get 5-tone IDs decoded between hytera and motorola?

mjolnir792

I have a mototrbo DMR and an X1P but am struggling to understand what you are trying to do. This is all analogue 5-tone right? Your trying to get 5-tone IDs decoded between hytera and motorola?
No, MDC-1200/HDC-1200. No 2- or 5-tone. This is all on analog operations, not DMR.

Did you figure this out? I looked at my X1P code plug to see if there were any misc settings to check like there are for DMR compatibility but didn't see any.

dazey77

I am guessing it must be an error in one of your decoders or one missing. I did try and have a bit of a go at it but didn't come to a real conclusion I am afraid.

mjolnir792

I'm trying to work with Hytera to figure out what the issue is. I am aware of someone that got it to work, but he isn't sharing, and no one I spoke with knows what to do. Every other MDC function works perfectly...group calls, transmitting IDs, decoding IDs, etc.

I tried HDC private calling between a PD682 and PD562, my PDC760 does not have HDC that I can see.
I don't get any audio on the PD562 from the PD682 but the display does show the PD682's ID.
I'll do some more testing tomorrow.

mjolnir792

Hytera's official answer: "The radio isn't capable of it". I would accept that, but I have it on good authority that there is a local vendor that did figure it out (he still isn't sharing). So now I'm confused on why a manufacturer isn't aware of what their own stuff is capable of.

I'll be back in the office next week and will try a PD782 and 982 to see if it's model related.
I don't ever recall using MDC for private calls with Motorola radios before.

Status
Not open for further replies.