I am number 142 in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cifd64

Premium Subscriber
I just sent in a DB submission. This is my spot in line. "We have 142 submissions waiting to be processed."

Does the DB Admin need help here?

Last edited:

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Considering the amount of data actually covered in the WHOLE database.. 142 is miniscule.

I've never had a submission sit unprocessed longer than a week.. All in all, I think our DB guru's do a masterful job.. Considering they're pushing a boulder up hill...

cifd64

Premium Subscriber
Is adding admins or assistants out of the question? I would have no problem taking over a county or two. Will be Mr. Mom starting in January.

lep

I assume you don't submit many updates to rr.com. I do and I don't find anything unusual about the number 142, it is common. In my own case, it usually takes from 2-4 days for the submission to be 'worked.' Probably if you seriously want to assist this forum discussion is likely not the best way to reassure the administrators.

kma371

QRT
I just sent in a DB submission. This is my spot in line. "We have 142 submissions waiting to be processed."

Does the DB Admin need help here?

As an admin, I'd just like to point out we do admin on a volunteer basis. We have our regular lives and this is secondary obviously. In California we process a lot of submissions. I've easily done over 150 this year? That's about one every other day, and that's just me!

For what its worth, right now about 45 submissions are pending and an additional 95 are "owned" meaning someone has selected those to be processed. If you think about the amount of data we process, like the others said, 143 in line isn't bad.

Not bashing just trying to put it in prospective for everyone that may not understand :)

cifd64

Premium Subscriber
I do understand. I have managed other sites in previous lives. This isn't my first time here, either. I was offering help if it was needed, as I have much more free time on my hands. I have submitted many changes to the DB in the past. First one in NJ. In the past I never saw a ticket number more that 10.

And to all of you over sensitive types (lep), get away from the RF for a bit.

kma371

QRT
I do understand. I have managed other sites in previous lives. This isn't my first time here, either. I was offering help if it was needed, as I have much more free time on my hands. I have submitted many changes to the DB in the past. First one in NJ. In the past I never saw a ticket number more that 10.

And to all of you over sensitive types (lep), get away from the RF for a bit.

Well excuse me for trying to explain it to you. Good luck trying to get an admin spot with that kind of attitude.

Sorry I wasted my time.

QDP2012

cifd64

Premium Subscriber
Well excuse me for trying to explain it to you. Good luck trying to get an admin spot with that kind of attitude.

Sorry I wasted my time.

Did you read my post or just automatically take offense? It wasn't aimed at you. But whatever. I didnt know the admin spot was so coveted. I will keep that in mind next time I offer my services.

Yes, the admins do a great job here. All I did was offer help (yes, for free) since there is a lot to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.