I believe I'm done

Status
Not open for further replies.

whls3

After about 25 posts, I've had enough. I'm sure the mods can look up the threads I've posted in, so I won't bother to describe them. I have had a very good experience in another forum(totally unrelated to radio)and have joined a couple others to learn about a few hobbies I've recently begun. The first forum is dedicated to motorcycles where knowledge is appreciated from anyone. My 30 some years of working have been split between this and land/mobile radio, so I do have some experience. But when putting my 2 cents in(which is what I thought a forum was for, among other things), I was basically looked down upon. I was called a "Ham" and a "scanner listener". These are bad things?

In over 1200 posts on the motorcycle forum, no one has even asked me what my qualifications were, much less said I didn't know what I was talking about. It happened here in less than 25. That either says a whole lot that's good about motorcyclists, or a whole lot's that is bad about radio people, Hams excluded. That's one of the things that got me started. A derogatory comment about Hams that I couldn't let go.

So, while I'm sure to check back in the next few days to see what is said about me, It will take a lot for me to post here ever again.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
whls3 said:
An argument over semantics seems unavoidable with you people. You misspeak and make reckless comments, say one thing when you mean another...

whls3 said:
You seem to know a fair amount of theory, but not so much "real world" reality.

whls3 said:
N8EMR- How stupid are you?

whls3 said:
Being an advanced, you should know this stuff.

I'm sure you'll be missed. I hope you're less argumentative in the other forums. Bye bye.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
zz0468 said:
I'm sure you'll be missed. I hope you're less argumentative in the other forums. Bye bye.

Yeah, you never showed any attitude in any of those threads :lol:

JoeyC

whls3 said:
After about 25 posts, ..yada yada.

Dude, no need to make an announcement if you don't like the site, just move on. This is the internet and lots of people have opinions. No need to be a drama queen about it.:roll:

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
For WHat Its Worth, Here's My Opinion!

WHLS3
I am a Ham as well as a Scanning enthusiast. I dont believe you should let the comments of a few deter you from staying here and puting your 2 cents worth . If you only help 1 person, you've done a LOT. Maybe some people will not like or care what you have to say, thats fine. If it was said without attitude and was meant to help out and not argue then dont worry about it. You cant please all the people all of the time. However, you have a lot of experience and someone somewhere may able to benefit from that. Even if 9 people did not appreciate your input, but the 10th one did and you were able to help that 1 person, you have done some good. My advise is pick and choose your battles. If you see a post going bad,walk away, be the bigger person. Move on to another topic. Whatever you do, dont let all those years of experience go to waste by walking away. If you walk away, you have not given back to this hobby what it has given you. You have to be thick skinned around here. I even got into an arguement once that I regret now. It happens. You move on to another thing without walking away entirely. If you choose to move on, let it be because you have found something different to occupy your time or something. Just dont let it be because you were forced out in a way. Thats just my 2 cents worth anyway!

73!

Manny

Last edited:

hoser147

I agree with scannernutt, alot of members just chose to look around and find the info they need and thats fine too. You got that on just about every forum, but for the goofin around and what not there are a bunch of good people here that know their stuff and are willing to share the knowledge. And thats what it is all about. Good Scannin...Hoser

Tommahawk

Sheesh..... A few comments that he didn't like and he is out of here!!!! Best of luck guy, but I have to ask why didn't you just leave quietly. The board is not going to change just because you have complained that you feel that you were treated below your expectation level.

I miss you and think I'm going to cry.... I've only known you a few weeks and I thought we were made for one another, yet you dumped me.........How do you think that makes me feel?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
My $0.02

Certainly there are many different kinds of people here at RR. Most come here to find frequencies (whether from the DB or other users) and end up finding a lot more. Some people are ready, willing and able to help others and therefore do so. Others lurk and read all the interesting posts.

The fact that this thread is in the administrative forum and not the old tavern, makes me think that the OP didn't look down the forum list to find it. I can see why the tavern was moved & renamed, but now that it's not at the top of the list, I see lots of posters who don't even look to see the totality of what is here. I wonder how many frequent tavern posters can name 10 other forums here.

While I strongly believe the tavern is needed, it is too bad that many feel it is where they must hang out. There is sooooo much more here to read, learn and get involved in. Had the OP used this site for something other than mostly a "social site", the opportunity for others to make him feel unwelcome would have been greatly mitigated.

N3KGD

Tommahawk said:
Sheesh..... A few comments that he didn't like and he is out of here!!!! Best of luck guy, but I have to ask why didn't you just leave quietly. The board is not going to change just because you have complained that you feel that you were treated below your expectation level.

I miss you and think I'm going to cry.... I've only known you a few weeks and I thought we were made for one another, yet you dumped me.........How do you think that makes me feel?

Hahaha, you got that right.

Status
Not open for further replies.