I-Call display on BCD396T

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJimbo

Premium Subscriber
I noticed a couple of days ago that when I receive an I-call on one of the local Motorola Type II Analog systems, the radio ID's no longer appear. The only thing that shows up on the display now is 700000.

Prior to the update, I ALWAYS had radio ID numbers, without fail. For instance, a user with radio ID 716011 would start the I-Call. The display showed "716011." When the other party answered the I-Call, "716011-716019" would be displayed until the I-Call was ended.

Anyone else noticed this? Anyone have any answers why?

Viper43

I hadn't seen that following the update, still shows ICALL's like it should. Does it show them properly when using a logging program such as UASD or BCTool? If they show up right in those then I'd say it's a hardware issue.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
You probably have something programmed in the alpha tag section for 700000, so make sure it's empty.

BigJimbo

Premium Subscriber
Viper, I'm afraid you might be right. I havent changed anything in it since the updates began...so there's nothing that I had done to it.

kg4pbd

I've had this problem since the beginning when restoring a system using ARC396.

If you entered the Icall wildcard manually via the radio's keyboard it showed the individual radio i.d. If you restored or loaded a system where you entered the wildcard numerically via your computer and ARC396 it would do just what you describe.

Try manually re-entering the wildcard from the scanner itself and see if that takes care of the issue.

ayaresr

I haven't really played with the ICall feature, as its not often used in my area. Am I understanding correctly that you can enter the radio id and alias it in a table? I want to say I'm not completely understanding this, but if this is the case, can radio id's be decoded during normal conversation, not only ICall?
I would like to see this possible, but don't think the unit is capable...perhaps I am wrong?
Thanks, Ryan

kg4pbd

ayaresr said:
I haven't really played with the ICall feature, as its not often used in my area. Am I understanding correctly that you can enter the radio id and alias it in a table? I want to say I'm not completely understanding this, but if this is the case, can radio id's be decoded during normal conversation, not only ICall?
I would like to see this possible, but don't think the unit is capable...perhaps I am wrong?
Thanks, Ryan

Only works on Icall. You can either enter the wildcard (which i forget at the moment..) as if you were entering a talkgroup i.d., make sure Icall is enabled on the system, and the radio will stop on I call's and show the individual radio i.d. You'll see the two i.d.'s alternate as each person talks. You can also enter an individual radio i.d. to limit Icall catches to that radio. Here in Charlotte it's used quite a bit.

Viper43

700000 is the wild card for motorola and i0000 for EDACS - the ARC firmware has an issue with the wild card. If you don't want to do it manually use the UASD software it will set it correctly.

BigJimbo

Premium Subscriber
That did it!!

Restoring via UASD brought the I.D.'s back!!!

Thanks UPMan for the reminder. Thanks Viper for mentioning UASD.....

I probably would have restored via ARC.

Now.....to see if this cured the motorboating.........

Status
Not open for further replies.