I can't pick up Scott Co or Washington Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Also a little reminder on NXDN and DMR Public Safety, before you go buying an NXDN HT, or Mobile, you really should run DSD+ using an tapped scanner to see if there is encryption enabled on the Public Safety users. Not sure on Kenwood, or iCom, but Motorola is now making sure encryption is on as a standard part of the package for public safety users when they buy new radios/systems. It is up to each agency to decide to turn this feature off. Encryption is no longer an added cost, it is standard and free as part of the programming templates. So again, I highly advise checking with DSD+ and a tapped scanner. (Many of the newer scanners feature a feed out from the tap point/s to an "line out" PC/IF type port, so all you'd need is an mono to mono audio "patch cord" to run from this to your computer's mic/line in jack. Some users have great success with mic in, others it just won't work right unless its the line in.

aaron315

I was down that way this morning. DSD+ confirms encryption is in use on the Scott County frequencies.

seagullplayer

Back when my old scanner worked, before they all changed over, Washington Co. was the last to go.

I have a Home Patrol scanner on the way, I was hoping I would pick them up again, sounds like maybe not.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
As was posted, DSD+ was run on the freqs. They are running full time encryption on LEA's. No more monitoring Law Enforcement there guys except for State Agencies on the SAFE-T.

Status
Not open for further replies.