• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

I have the fastest internet connection in the world!..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryangassxx

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I used to be a Comcast customer until I moved,... I would get speeds at around 3Mbit downstream, and 768 up... Well after exploring all of my options with other providers I decided to go ahead and go with comcast again in my new residence.. Well I've been online for about an hour and have been putting things through their paces.. Ran pretty much all of the online speed tests that are offered and it's pretty consistent.. I tried downloading a large video, and it downloaded lightning quick... I'm pretty confident that I have the fastest private line on earth.. 16Mbit.. down and 1.5Mbit up.. Yes that's "sixteen megabits"..

ryangassxx said:
... I'm pretty confident that I have the fastest private line on earth..
BaaaaHaaaa Your quite the comedian, Tokyo by far has the best, when you get over 34Mbit Up AND Down then you might have somthing going for ya.

I have 15Mbits Down and 1up for only 20bucks a month

ryangassxx

Banned
Shortwavewave said:
BaaaaHaaaa Your quite the comedian, Tokyo by far has the best, when you get over 34Mbit Up AND Down then you might have somthing going for ya.
Yeah I knew someone was going to mention the fios in Japan.. But come on, 16Megabit is about as good as it can get in the US at least...

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
Verizon FIOS down here in Texas has some serious speed...Too bad I am not in their area.
They are in the neighborhood of 16Mbps+ down and 8Mbps or so up...

Last edited:
Well it all depends on your connection, and how meny people are using the net, I average 15(16 if im lucky)mbits, once late at night Ive hit 23Mbits DL but my upload was extreamly slow not even 300kbps Upload also has alot to do with your computer, My service(Cox Communication) is now offering 15meg connection once I upgrade to that ill be even faster.

ryangassxx

Banned
Shortwavewave said:
Well it all depends on your connection, and how meny people are using the net, I average 15(16 if im lucky)mbits, once late at night Ive hit 23Mbits DL but my upload was extreamly slow not even 300kbps Upload also has alot to do with your computer, My service(Cox Communication) is now offering 15meg connection once I upgrade to that ill be even faster.

I'm calling your bluff,... lets see your results..

here's mine..

ryangassxx said:
Yeah I knew someone was going to mention the fios in Japan.. But come on, 16Megabit is about as good as it can get in the US at least...
I have hit speeds as high as 18mbs down and 1 up. But then again that was on spikes. I average around 13, makes me happy!

LEH

Premium Subscriber
I just ran my speed from Yorktown to DC. In the time it took to type this, the results changed, for the better.

A test cross country (VA to LA) the download was only 5MB, but upload was still over 2.

But then Cox sent me a letter last month saying they were going to be upgrading my service this week. Maybe they did. :D

Edit: Nope, right after I posted this, my connection went dead. This is with my Verizon broadband. Faster than dial up, but that's about all I'll say. A snail compared to the Cox.

Last edited:

ryangassxx

Banned
de784 said:

Yeah I think I heard somewhere that the Comcast east is really suped up. That backbone has to support NYC, DC, Philly, and I think even Miami.. I think it's a really wide pipeline out there..

I can remember when it was GOOD to be getting 3Mbits.. Looks like plenty of people are achieving 15+Mbits now (with cable).. I guess Cable really has left DSL in the dust, I hadn't realized that there's been that much separation..

brandon

Database Admin
FiOS has 30 Mbps/15 Mbps
In some areas (I believe NYC) they offer 50 Mbit/s Downstream / 20 Mbit/s Upstream

I have FiOS for a few years but only have the measly 15Mbps/2Mbps plan

bezking

Database Admin
No, you don't

There is a dedicated circut called a DS-3 line which is capable of 45 mbits up and down.
I have dedicated access to one of these (I work in a datacenter) and I have seen it at about ~30Mbps... Not bad...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.