• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

I just got some bad news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortwavewave

Im very sorry, my best wishes to you, I know I would have a hard time with that......
How long were you married?

SAR923

My deepest sympathy to you and your family. My wfe of 38 years died from leukemia in 2004 and I know what a blow this is. I will pray for God to help you through this difficult time.

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
Oh man that's awful. My condolences. Try to be strong, but don't hesitate getting help and counseling if you feel you need it. Do you have any children?

windchaser

i will pray for you and your family. my condolences to all your family and friends. windchaser usmm ret

JESSERABBIT

I, like the others extend my deepest condolences. Between my wife and I, we mourned the deaths of all of our parents. They passed one at a time for four years in a row. The passing of loved ones is never an easy thing to be confronted with. It seems to help to talk with relatives and friends. Thank you for sharing with us.

GoMark

GreatLakes said:
Oh man that's awful. My condolences. Try to be strong, but don't hesitate getting help and counseling if you feel you need it. Do you have any children?
Yes we have 2 wonderful boys ages 19 and 15.

SEMTTP

GoMark,

My heart felt condolences to you and your family. If I had to say one thing to you it would simply be that everything happens for a reason, whether you believe that or dont. Remain strong and take care and make men out of those boys and make your wife proud. I lost my mother back in 1997, and my wife lost her grandpa and grandma within a week of each other. Its never easy my friend, never easy, but you have a family here and some good folks to talk to if you ever just need to get your mind off of things or to even talk about it.

God bless you and your family during this incredible hard time....

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
GoMark said:
Yes we have 2 wonderful boys ages 19 and 15.

Having raised two boys, I know it can be a tough job, especially at those ages they go though all kinds of changes, from boys to men. Hopefully they will be mature and realize the three of you need each other's love more than ever before. Don't be bashful, make sure they know you love them, and you're there for them, and that you need them to be there for you.

You'll never get over your loss, but you will get past it. Take are of your boys, and yourself!

Bill

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Please accept my condolences and I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. Take care.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Database Admin
Sorry for your loss...

Real sorry GoMark for your loss. Must be tough. It looks like this a real good community right here on the web. It's impressive to see such quick support from all over the country. Again sorry GoMark.

Status
Not open for further replies.