I Need Help Setting Up My pro 164 Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

csouza001

I just Bought A Police Scanner From Radioshack, pro 164 And I'm trying To Figure out the Trunking. I need help with setting it up can you help to program this?
I wanna listen to some Local police and they use Motorola 2 and I wanna get the on my pro 164
Can you help me out?
Email me to help please
Csouza003@yahoo.com

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
I just Bought A Police Scanner From Radioshack, pro 164 And I'm trying To Figure out the Trunking. I need help with setting it up can you help to program this?
I wanna listen to some Local police and they use Motorola 2 and I wanna get the on my pro 164
Can you help me out?
Email me to help please
Csouza003@yahoo.com

We need your State, County, and City(s) you want to listen to. You can also post that information on the state forum in Radio Reference and might find a person close to you that can help.

kma371

QRT
PSR-300/400 Software and USB Support - The RadioReference Wiki

Check above link for software programming.

Can you help me out?

I wanna get this channel on my scanner and listen to this police department here's the linkk

Ceres, City of (Public Safety) Trunking System, Ceres, California - Scanner Frequencies

You can also Email me to help please
Csouza003@yahoo.co

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
csouza001,

I have merged your threads to this forum. Please do not cross post your questions to multiple forums.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Pro-164

Okkk I wanna get this police department on my scanner. How do I set that on my Pro 164 scanner?

Ceres, City of (Public Safety) Trunking System, Ceres, California - Scanner Frequencies
Pick a bank to put this system into. Let's use bank 1. Go to channel 100 and program one of the 4 frequencies listed (851.0875). Set the MODE to MO. Repeat that step for the other 3 frequencies, putting them into channels 101, 102 and 103 of the scanner. Next, press FUNC T and the scanner will prompt you to set the mode of the bank. Select MOtorola.

Since this is a small system you really don't have to do much more. There are several other steps you can do so that a text tag is displayed or to make the scanner follow future frequencies that might be added, but it is not needed now.

With the 4 frequencies programmed in (set to MO), make sure the bank is set to OPEN. Press FUNC . to toggle between closed and open. When you press SCAN make sure bank 1 is ON. You should also see a + under the 1 on the display to indicate the bank is open.

Note that you should receive what sounds like a buzzsaw on one of the 4 frequencies when you are in MAN mode. That is normal. When you press SCAN the scanner will scan and automatically stop on a voice channel when someone talks. That's about it.

If you plan to add alpha tags and/or more frequencies, it is far better to get the programming cable and some programming software to manage these scanners. But it all you want to do is scan that one system, the above procedure will get you there just fine.

cousinkix1953

With the 4 frequencies programmed in (set to MO), make sure the bank is set to OPEN. Press FUNC . to toggle between closed and open. When you press SCAN make sure bank 1 is ON. You should also see a + under the 1 on the display to indicate the bank is open.
Pressing the FUNC and delay keys will alternate between the Open and Closed modes. Don't mess with the Closed mode until you have chosen the talk groups that you want to hear. This will get rid of garbage trucks and other services that you aren't interested in..

Status
Not open for further replies.