• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

I NEED HELP with a REALISTIC TRC-457 PLEASE!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

czjog

NEED HELP with a REALISTIC TRC-457 PLEASE!!!!!
Hello some how my son has cut off the mic and ear phone jack inside of my radio, I dont know where the wires go back to repair it . could someone please help?...

the speaker wires and the mic wires and the head phone jack wires got cut by my son and i cant figure out where they go because some were cut from the board as well i think. if someone has a trc-457 could you please take a picture of the board and the mic, speake, and head phone jack please so i can see the color of the wires and where they go . thanks alot much appreciated .

MeddleMan

cbradiomagazine.com

That is a suitable place to inquire. There are several videos on YouTube.com that they touch on, like the '427, '430, and a '480. Seems like a goo place to start. Sometimes the cards are marked for the dumb and ignorant people ( or robots ) who install the parts, and are easily found. Some other radios ( like Uniden ) may have similar boards.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
NEED HELP with a REALISTIC TRC-457 PLEASE!!!!!
Hello some how my son has cut off the mic and ear phone jack inside of my radio, I dont know where the wires go back to repair it . could someone please help?...

the speaker wires and the mic wires and the head phone jack wires got cut by my son and i cant figure out where they go because some were cut from the board as well i think. if someone has a trc-457 could you please take a picture of the board and the mic, speake, and head phone jack please so i can see the color of the wires and where they go . thanks alot much appreciated .

If your son cut the mic and phone jack wires from inside the radio,could it be that maybe he thinks you're on the air too much? I know a guy's wife who did this! I just wondered...
N9ZAS

czjog

If your son cut the mic and phone jack wires from inside the radio,could it be that maybe he thinks you're on the air too much? I know a guy's wife who did this! I just wondered...
N9ZAS

no he just thought he was fixing it, but instead messed it up lol. i stepped out of the room for 15 minutes came back and he said daddy i fixed it. i was replacing a light in it at the time and didnt know he went in my tool room.

gewecke

Banned
no he just thought he was fixing it, but instead messed it up lol. i stepped out of the room for 15 minutes came back and he said daddy i fixed it. i was replacing a light in it at the time and didnt know he went in my tool room.

Oh geez! Keep him away from your vehicle,lol! Just kiddin!
N9ZAS

DX949

Banned
doesnt anyone here have the info im looking for or am i in the wrong place

No No,your in the right place,just be patient.
You will eventually get your answer.don't get discourage by the riff raff that dont like CB and CB'ers,
they think they are better than us and will post in this thread to point that out,they like to post here to show there superiority and boost there ego's of what they think they now about this hobby or what you should do with your CB equipment,
I don't have an answer for you..... but like i said,be patient and you will get your answer,lots of intelligent people on this site that like CB's and are not stuck up know it all's.Your answer or answer's will come.

czjog

You will eventually get your answer.don't get discourage by the riff raff that dont like CB and CB'ers,
they think they are better than us and will post in this thread to point that out,they like to post here to show there superiority and boost there ego's of what they think they now about this hobby or what you should do with your CB equipment,
I don't have an answer for you..... but like i said,be patient and you will get your answer,lots of intelligent people on this site that like CB's and are not stuck up know it all's.Your answer or answer's will come.

cool wished it was sooner lol

scansalot52

Ok, send me your email in a PM. I have the schematic ready to send. I don't always look at the threads in this part of the forum. Thus the delay.

Last edited:

MeddleMan

Speak for yourself!

My answer was good!

Status
Not open for further replies.