• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

I recently aquired an MTS 2000 UHF & VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb2rxf

I'm in nyc, anyone know of any shops in the tri-state area that program them at a decent price. I may also have a saber 1E that'll need the same.
Thank you in advance.

N2AL

I'm in nyc, anyone know of any shops in the tri-state area that program them at a decent price. I may also have a saber 1E that'll need the same.

Thank you in advance.

Good morning. I'm not trying to sound sarcastic, but can you tell me which tri-state area you are referring to?

Thanks and 73.

N2AL

New York City

Oh okay. Sorry but I cannot help you out with that one. If you were in Tennessee or neighboring states possibly, but NYC is a little out of my knowledge base.

I am sure someone will give you the answer through. RR Forums are pretty great about that!

73 and enjoy this holiday weekend!

TheWarlock

Thank you in advance.

I can program them for you. However I am in Toronto Canada. Not sure if that may pose an issue for you. Send me DM.

Thanks,

Adrian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pro-91, MTS 2000 800MHz, Astro Saber VHF, APX 6000 7/800MHz

wb2rxf

Mmm no

I would rather have it done here, but i appreciate the offer, thanks.

wb2rxf

Why would I send my radios, to someone whom I absolutely do not know, do you have references ? LOL. Kidding. No. Read the 1st sentence again, thanks but no thanks.

N4KVE

Why would I send my radios, to someone whom I absolutely do not know, do you have references ? LOL. Kidding. No. Read the 1st sentence again, thanks but no thanks.
I actually have EXCELLENT feedback on Batlabs. Just trying to help you out, Good luck. Try a local hamfest. Someone may do it for free, but the terms tri-state shop, & reasonably priced do not exist, as nothing in NY, NJ, or Ct is reasonably priced. Highest prices in the nation.

Last edited:

Rred

rxf-
I would say to be patient and beat the bushes. A programming cable can usually be found on ebay for $20-30. The RSS programming software is harder to come by, but sometimes is available there as well, or folks will point to another source for it. That software does usually require a DOS system and a real serial port to be used, so a legacy laptop may be necessary as a "programming station".
Or you may find one of the local radio clubs (Hall of Science in Queens?) or NYC ARES, has a member who is already set up for this.
But if you can get the bits and DIY, the software isn't hard to understand, and you won't be locked into whatever you do on this round.

SCPD

QRT
The final version of the mts cps was Windows based. Now depending on what firmware you have you want to research this and choose wisely. When you see what I mean you'll know what I mean. So research the firmware versions. The info is out there. Unless you don't care and just wanna use whatever makes it easier to use them then I wouldn't worry about it. I could say why but it'll just lead into the forbidden zone eventually and I avoid that. But research the firmware versions.

And to add, Moonboots has positive relations with many at several places. I can see how some worry about sending things off but some do have good trade, programming, and buy/sell references and are well known to communities.

Last edited:

cmdrwill

I actually have EXCELLENT feedback on Batlabs. Just trying to help you out, Good luck. Try a local hamfest. Someone may do it for free, but the terms tri-state shop, & reasonably priced do not exist, as nothing in NY, NJ, or Ct is reasonably priced. Highest prices in the nation.

Moonboots has an EXCELLENT reputation here and on many other sites. He has been one of my customers and a very good friend for a very long time.

And I would be glad to program you radios also. Of course, I am on the 'other' coast. The offer IS the same.

wb2rxf

alright moonboots, lets talk, could you please eMail me at my callsign @gmail.com Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.