i series radios and CPS Version 9

The i series radios have started showing up at the dealer that I work for. Is there any way to upgrade an old codeplug to work with the new Version 9 CPS and radios? Or will we have to rebuild everything from scratch? I can't seem to open an old codeplug in the Version 9 CPS, it just locks up... Tried calling Hytera tech support and ended up getting hung up on about 5 times.

False alarm, I was just going by what someone else had told me that the Upgrade CPS_Data didn't work when going from a version 8 codeplug to a 9. I just tried it myself and it worked fine.

So far my upgrades have worked OK, only problem I had was when I left CPS open by mistake, both programs were fighting for the USB port.

My PD362s are too old to upgrade and I have a client using BD302s with TDMA direct mode so I don't want to upgrade those or I have to add a freq to his license and reprogram.

i series radios?
I had the impression that i series is becoming when it is flashed to v9.x

This is what I did with our fleet.
The CPS 9 is not reading v8.x files directly, but can transform them.

As far the direct mode TDMA pseudo trunking, I do not notice any difference so far. It might be slower now, but not noticable for me.

The i series radios have started showing up at the dealer that I work for. Is there any way to upgrade an old codeplug to work with the new Version 9 CPS and radios? Or will we have to rebuild everything from scratch? I can't seem to open an old codeplug in the Version 9 CPS, it just locks up... Tried calling Hytera tech support and ended up getting hung up on about 5 times.
The Code plug firmware upgrade feature in the CPS is very nifty. Not that I WANT to have to upgrade but **** happens

As far the direct mode TDMA pseudo trunking, I do not notice any difference so far. It might be slower now, but not noticable for me.
My testing has not shown that but only one radio had been flashed to v9 at the time. I flashed a pair of PD782s and 982s, will retest tomorrow.

I put the upgrade program in auto mode and hooked up 2 radios at the same time, it worked as advertised.

OK, I flashed all just one by one, took some time, but I have not hundreds of radios just now...

Still would like to hear any experience as what feature does not work in 9.x so well as before.

hmm, the question would be if this can be switched on via CPS or id the entry is compketely missing also under menu in CPS.

On my PD78xG and MD78xG all can be set in menu still as far as I did test the functions

What are all the new features in the V9 FW? I just upgraded to V9 FW from V8.05.06.(don't remember the rest) in my UHF X1p and UHF PD982. The upgrades went fine. The V9 FW appears to have broken the analog receive audio but everything else appears to be OK. The receive audio on analog channels has lots of digital noise in it that wasn't there before with V8 FW. Has anybody else noticed this?

Both of your radios dont RX analog anymore?
I have a PD782U2 and PD682 that i was going to do firmware updates to. I will hold off for now.
Analog RX works on all radios and receives fine. It is not a signal RX issue. The analog RX audio has more digital noise in it than before the upgrade. It is something different in the audio processing after the receiver. It manifests itself as a continuous digital whirrrrrrrrrr sound with a bit of a buzz in it. It doesn't render the analog RX unusable, just something I noticed after the upgrade. I'm wondering if anybody else has noticed this.

wncrescue

Premium Subscriber
I have a PD782G with V7.06.02.008. Can I upgrade to the 9.00 version or do I need to do a step in between? Thanks all.