• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

i series radios and CPS Version 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ1L

Premium Subscriber
The i series radios have started showing up at the dealer that I work for. Is there any way to upgrade an old codeplug to work with the new Version 9 CPS and radios? Or will we have to rebuild everything from scratch? I can't seem to open an old codeplug in the Version 9 CPS, it just locks up... Tried calling Hytera tech support and ended up getting hung up on about 5 times.

AJ1L

Premium Subscriber
False alarm, I was just going by what someone else had told me that the Upgrade CPS_Data didn't work when going from a version 8 codeplug to a 9. I just tried it myself and it worked fine.

So far my upgrades have worked OK, only problem I had was when I left CPS open by mistake, both programs were fighting for the USB port.

My PD362s are too old to upgrade and I have a client using BD302s with TDMA direct mode so I don't want to upgrade those or I have to add a freq to his license and reprogram.

ottosykora

i series radios?
I had the impression that i series is becoming when it is flashed to v9.x

This is what I did with our fleet.
The CPS 9 is not reading v8.x files directly, but can transform them.

As far the direct mode TDMA pseudo trunking, I do not notice any difference so far. It might be slower now, but not noticable for me.

wkredick

The i series radios have started showing up at the dealer that I work for. Is there any way to upgrade an old codeplug to work with the new Version 9 CPS and radios? Or will we have to rebuild everything from scratch? I can't seem to open an old codeplug in the Version 9 CPS, it just locks up... Tried calling Hytera tech support and ended up getting hung up on about 5 times.

The Code plug firmware upgrade feature in the CPS is very nifty. Not that I WANT to have to upgrade but **** happens

As far the direct mode TDMA pseudo trunking, I do not notice any difference so far. It might be slower now, but not noticable for me.

My testing has not shown that but only one radio had been flashed to v9 at the time. I flashed a pair of PD782s and 982s, will retest tomorrow.

I put the upgrade program in auto mode and hooked up 2 radios at the same time, it worked as advertised.

ottosykora

OK, I flashed all just one by one, took some time, but I have not hundreds of radios just now...

Still would like to hear any experience as what feature does not work in 9.x so well as before.

ottosykora

hmm, the question would be if this can be switched on via CPS or id the entry is compketely missing also under menu in CPS.

On my PD78xG and MD78xG all can be set in menu still as far as I did test the functions

n1das

What are all the new features in the V9 FW? I just upgraded to V9 FW from V8.05.06.(don't remember the rest) in my UHF X1p and UHF PD982. The upgrades went fine. The V9 FW appears to have broken the analog receive audio but everything else appears to be OK. The receive audio on analog channels has lots of digital noise in it that wasn't there before with V8 FW. Has anybody else noticed this?

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Both of your radios dont RX analog anymore?
I have a PD782U2 and PD682 that i was going to do firmware updates to. I will hold off for now.

n1das

Both of your radios dont RX analog anymore?
I have a PD782U2 and PD682 that i was going to do firmware updates to. I will hold off for now.

Analog RX works on all radios and receives fine. It is not a signal RX issue. The analog RX audio has more digital noise in it than before the upgrade. It is something different in the audio processing after the receiver. It manifests itself as a continuous digital whirrrrrrrrrr sound with a bit of a buzz in it. It doesn't render the analog RX unusable, just something I noticed after the upgrade. I'm wondering if anybody else has noticed this.

wncrescue

Premium Subscriber
I have a PD782G with V7.06.02.008. Can I upgrade to the 9.00 version or do I need to do a step in between? Thanks all.

ottosykora

apart from number of some additional features in DMR, there is one thing we noticed. In analog, there is no more a way to switch the squelch off, neither permanentl nor momentary. We used to have the 'monitor' or 'squelch off' on one of the side keys, but even following all the instruction, this function does simply nothing. One has to set it up as short AND long press on same key, still nothing happens, except a loudspeker symbol on the screen of the PD78x
So one can not simply listen to weak signals in analog mode, the SQ is allways on. The level of SQ can not be set bellow '2' what ever tis means.
Anybody with a workaround?

I don't get what you are saying.

In conventional DPL mode on my PD982 when I TX on a separate radio in CSQ or with the wrong DPL, the 982 does not unmute but the green LED and RSSI do show the analog radio is transmitting. I just updated firmware to A9.00.07.105.iM.

Button SK1 is set to monitor on long press and I get the spkr icon to show up. A second long press puts the radio in DPL mode again.

ottosykora

In conventional DPL mode on my PD982

well, I was mentioning *analog* in my comment, so nothing DPL etc here.
In analog mode, I can also set Monitor as a function to a button, I will get the speaker symbol, but the squelch is still aktive. There seem to be no way to deactivate, even temporary the squelch.
Or do you know how?

Squelch OFF or Monitor in analog means not only the speaker symbol is on, but also it should strong grund noise come out of the speaker. If this does not happen, then the squelch is still on and not off.

Last edited:
DPL is used on analog systems even though it's digital based signaling.
I have never heard squelch noise on a Hytera radio in CSQ mode, either via the button or just programmed that way.

I have heard it on some Motorola radios, I think it was done to set volume.

ottosykora

I have never heard squelch noise on a Hytera radio in CSQ mode, either via the button or just programmed that way.

In PD78x it was well working under FW 8.x
It does not under 9.x

The use of monitor function in analog mode is to be able to listen for weak signals. The squelch is switched off, one can hear the FM noise and can listen for weak signals in it. Works still with moto, but not with Hytera 9.x
Kind of very basic function of a radio. Narrow band FM radios have this from beginning of their existence.

Just displaying a loudspeaker, but receiver audio path still blocked makes the monitor function simply inop. One can not listen for weak signals. So the main purpose of the monitor or squelch off is broken. The squelch is still ON and can not be switched OFF. It can be only set to low level (level 2 what ever it means).

The standard function of a monitor or temporaray squelch off is to remove any squelch setting when aktivated, meaning remove any subaudio squelch and also remove any setting of noise squelch so the audio path of the receiver is open.

Status
Not open for further replies.