IC-208H Adjustment Mode Test Jig

Status
Not open for further replies.

fineshot1

Per the sevice manual on page 5-2 I built the test jig using the correct 2.2K ohm resistor. Confirmed all
connections but can not get the radio into adjustment mode. The freq is off by -1.5Khz and I need to
warp it back on freq. I used the correct procedure on page 5-1 by pushing & holding the SET and BAND
buttons while powering up but with no joy. The radio just will not go into adjustment mode.

Anyone know of a solution?

agroza

Premium Subscriber
My Icom service manual shows a 2,2K. My research shows it should be a 22k.

I also found this on repeater builder.com:

Icom IC-208H mobile service manual 4.3 MB PDF file
The service manual has a mis-print. On page 5-2 the resistor in the jig cable should be sized at 22 K ohm, not 2.2 K ohm. Even the Icom Knowledge Base Article on the topic has it wrong.

What value are you using? If 2.2k, change it to a 22k. Let me know! Thanks

agroza

Premium Subscriber
Also found this:

NOTE
The IC-208H service manual has a misprint. On page 5-2 the resistor in the jig cable should be sized at 22 K ohm, not 2.2 K ohm.

VK4IM

fineshot1

The service manual has a mis-print. On page 5-2 the resistor in the jig cable should be sized at 22 K ohm, not 2.2 K ohm. Even the Icom Knowledge Base Article on the topic has it wrong.

Ah - thank you. That would explain it. The 208h is at my work location and I will try this
sometime next week as time permits. Strange how icom can get that fact wrong not only
in the svc manual but in its knowledge base article as well.

fineshot1

22K is correct. Works correctly putting the radio into adjust mode. Radio is now on frequency using the procedure in the service manual.

Thank you for the correct info and putting my mind to rest.

fineshot1

Seeking any 208H guru

Time to revive this thread.

Does anyone know anything about the tuning parameters(besides the info in the svc man) in detail?
"Partial" and "All" resets do not restore the tuning parameters to default.

Previous owner had the radio modified to rx & tx out of band and claims no knowledge on messing
around with these parameters but the radio in normal mode will only put out 5 watts no matter what
the power range (low, medium or high) is set at. In adjustment mode the power ranges put out the
normal wattage for each range(5W, 15W and 50W) so I know it is not a hardware problem.

Anyone out there in ham land with any experience with a problem like this?

KJ6MNK

I know, super old thread, But it appears you are still an active member here. Did you ever resolve the output problem with your 208h? I'm frustrated by what seems to be the same symptoms you are describing.

Thanks!

-Chris KJ6MNK

Status
Not open for further replies.