Icom: IC-718 Broken lug on antenna tuner socket

bbo14

Premium Subscriber
I searched here and found no discussion of this so here goes. I have found a broken lug on the TUNER socket on the back of a used ICOM IC-718 I just got in here. I looked at the SERVICE MANUAL and there is no PN for J12 (the designator for this socket) listed in it. First, is this an AMP or Amphenol connector? Or some other brand? I looked at Amphenol's web site with no results. I will call ICOM Tech Support tomorrow but thought I would post here first. Strange it's not listed in the SERVICE MANUAL. Those lugs are not that robust so maybe someone else had come across the problem. Thanks for reading.

bbo14

Premium Subscriber
That's what I get for not checking Amazon first !! Thanks for the info. Plug and socket ordered. Still wondering why ICOM didn't list it in their SERVICE MANUAL. Oh well. I've got "the fix" on order. Thanks again.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
I have an IC-7000 and an IC-7600. They both have the same tuner socket. I have the service manuals for both. I did a quick check and found that neither lists a part number. I guess we're just 'sposed to know.

bbo14

Premium Subscriber
I have an IC-7000 and an IC-7600. They both have the same tuner socket. I have the service manuals for both. I did a quick check and found that neither lists a part number. I guess we're just 'sposed to know.
Actually, Icom just wants us to buy from them at marked-up prices. Like the other manufacturers do. Thanks.

bbo14

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE: I contacted ICOM today. Amy at parts gave me the following info: PN: 8600036641. It is the MOLEX connector, the four color-coded wires, (attached), and the smaller connector on the other end of the wires. Cost: $11.30 + S/H. Now we know.