• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

IC-F50V mute PTT 2-tone issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irontail

I am very new to the forum. I have searched all over the forum for a solution with no joy. Here is my problem. I have programmed my channel 1 in the F50V for our Fire Dept 2-tone page out. I have hit the tx inhibit and the "and" in the mute for ctcss tone. Everything works good, I dont hear anything on channel 1 unless the 2-tone page out with the right ctcss tone. I got the voice record setup for 60 seconds and the vibrate. All works well on the last two page outs. The problem is, if I bump the PTT button, the monitor/audible icon shows up on the display and it now hears everything, cancelling all the mute features. The radio won't transmit, but it now lets everything through the speaker , like our automated daily system test, that I dont want to hear. I cant get rid of the little speaker icon with sound waves coming out, unless I turn off the radio and turn it back on. I have searched high and low in the programming software and only found a PTT function in PMR, but I have the radio set up in LMR. I need some help here.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
This is just off the top of my head....in the CPS go to Common setting, they Keys I think and set one of them to 'Moni' (I think that's what it is). If I recall correctly that will toggle monitor mode on and off.

Irontail

Thank-you for the reply. I tried your suggestion and programmed P1 as MONI in Key & Display.
Hitting PTT still causes the radio to disable all mute functions and still display the speaker (Audible) icon on my page receive only channel 1, but the new P1 (MONI) key does turn off the audible icon. This is still not ideal as I would like to have channel 1 as a pager channel and not have anyway of hearing audio unless the 2-tone page goes off. Have you got any other ideas how to disable the PTT from doing anything on this Tx inhibited channel ?

Blackpointcorp

Premium Subscriber
You need to set one of your keys as a monitor button. Then go to the CPS choose Memory CH.
Go to your bank that the channel is in.
Down at the bottom you want Moni selection set to this to "Both"

Push to select the "Inaudible" mode.
Hold down to select the "Audible" mode by disabling any mute functions
Its hard for me to see exactly whats going on without seeing the code plug, I hope this helps

Last edited:

Blackpointcorp

Premium Subscriber
If you want to disable PTT on that channel.
Go to the software and go to the channel. Then go to (TX inh) and select
This will inhibit TX on that channel

Give that a try

Irontail

I can't find the moni settings at the bottom of the zone memories. Is there a version issue here maybe?
I have rev. 3.1 software for F50V and 3.2 firmware in the F50V.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I'm not seeing those options either, using 3.1.1 MM CPS and FW.

BTW... if you want to upgrade your radio to the MM firmware (Minitor Mimic) let me know and I'll send you the FW updater. I really like it myself... the extra notification tones are really slick.

Irontail

Thank-you very much Forts for the updates files. The update went very well. Super easy to complete. So now my F50V has rev.3.6.1 firmware and rev3.1.1 CS-F50V software that I loaded my codeplug with. I still have the PTT issue with my channel 1 pager only channel. I am hoping someone has run into this issue and has a fix.

12dbsinad

So here are the options as far as the PTT is concerned:

The first option is to program a monitor reset button. If you accidentally hit the PTT and turn on the speaker icon, hitting this button will reset it without having to turn the radio on/off. This may or may not be acceptable to you. For me, it works fine because if I want to unmute and hear traffic all I have to do it hit the PTT and I am monitoring on a RX only channel.

The second thing that can be done is to turn on the auto reset. This will auto mute if the PTT is depressed. It's time is selectable. However, the bad here is after the tone and any RX traffic, the radio will reset automatically. This may or may not be an issue for you. I can go in to more detail here if this is something you'd like to do.

Irontail

Thank-you 12dbsinad for your info.
I understand the 2 options you mentioned, but that still isnt the best for me. I have a Kenwood from our Fire Dept that has the page function set up with tx inhibit on a "page" channel and it works great with no way of cancelling the mute until the 2-tone goes off. I am shocked that the F50V has no way of eliminating the PTT issue.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
So I definitely see the same activity on my radio that you're experiencing... I've got our dispatch channel setup as RX only, however I typically keep my channel open so I can hear if our other stations go out. Other than setting a button for Moni to reset it... I don't see any way to prevent the PTT from opening it up.

12dbsinad

I'll have to do some more checking, but I'm pretty sure the PTT issue is a no fix. I've been playing around with F52D/F62D stuff now, so don't mess with F50V stuff as much anymore.

If you have the means, check out a F52D series. It's a F50V only better! Built in bluetooth is very cool as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.