• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

R30 IC-R30 and RT Systems SW

Hit_Factor

Premium Subscriber
RT Systems is working ok for me now.

There may be bugs that I don't recognize or trigger.

73, K8HIT
Icom: IC-7300 IC-PW1 ID-5100A ID-51A Plus 2 IC-R30 Hytera PD782G Kenwood TH-D74 Uniden SDS100 DVMega SDRplay RSPduo

AC7FD

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I noticed that new lists created from the RR database or Repeater Book always have RF Gain 1 as standard for all channels.
I didn't do much with the RT software so far but there must be some setting to change this.
Do you have a hint? What am I missing?

Thanks,

73 de Tobias

Hit_Factor

Premium Subscriber
RFGMax is the default in the receiver when entering freqs manually. I have all of the freqs set to RFGMax - haven't tried anything else. I live in a fairly rural county, but if in a metro area that might overload the receiver.

Is that the answer you were seeking? I'm not 100% on what you are asking.

AC7FD

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the answer.
When I create a new empty list in the RT software and use the Repeater Book search or Radio Reference search (File=>External Data) all channels after converting the list to the IC-R30 format are set to RFG1.
I wonder if there is a setting to change the default to RFGMax.

73 de Tobias