R30 IC-R30 and RT Systems SW

Status
Not open for further replies.

rja1

Premium Subscriber
Have the bugs in the RT systems SW for the R30 been fixed yet?

Thanks,
Bob

Hit_Factor

RT Systems is working ok for me now.

There may be bugs that I don't recognize or trigger.

73, K8HIT
Icom: IC-7300 IC-PW1 ID-5100A ID-51A Plus 2 IC-R30 Hytera PD782G Kenwood TH-D74 Uniden SDS100 DVMega SDRplay RSPduo

AC7FD

Hi,

I noticed that new lists created from the RR database or Repeater Book always have RF Gain 1 as standard for all channels.
I didn't do much with the RT software so far but there must be some setting to change this.
Do you have a hint? What am I missing?

Thanks,

73 de Tobias

Hit_Factor

RFGMax is the default in the receiver when entering freqs manually. I have all of the freqs set to RFGMax - haven't tried anything else. I live in a fairly rural county, but if in a metro area that might overload the receiver.

Is that the answer you were seeking? I'm not 100% on what you are asking.

AC7FD

Thanks for the answer.
When I create a new empty list in the RT software and use the Repeater Book search or Radio Reference search (File=>External Data) all channels after converting the list to the IC-R30 format are set to RFG1.
I wonder if there is a setting to change the default to RFGMax.

73 de Tobias

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the answer.
When I create a new empty list in the RT software and use the Repeater Book search or Radio Reference search (File=>External Data) all channels after converting the list to the IC-R30 format are set to RFG1.
I wonder if there is a setting to change the default to RFGMax.

73 de Tobias

I just loaded up one memory bank and 6 programmed scan banks. The single memory bank had rf gain as RFG1 for 17 channels. The programmed scan banks had rf gain as RFG--. The software also changed my frequency step size from 3.125 to 25KHZ. I had to manually changed all settings from the R30 keyboard.

Still a bit buggy so I'm going to submit an inquiry to RTS.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I just loaded up one memory bank and 6 programmed scan banks. The single memory bank had rf gain as RFG1 for 17 channels. The programmed scan banks had rf gain as RFG--. The software also changed my frequency step size from 3.125 to 25KHZ. I had to manually changed all settings from the R30 keyboard.

Still a bit buggy so I'm going to submit an inquiry to RTS.

Did you run the Update Checker from the RT software and make sure you are up to date? RT fixed several of these types of quirks in their R30 and R8600 software but I'm sure more exist.

The software updater itself is a little weird also if you ask me. If it finds updates, you must shutdown the main app and leave just the little update window open in order to do the update. One would think the updater part of the app would do that for you! Not a big deal though once used to it.

If you truly want speed and total accuracy as well as control of all radio settings, then Icom's CS-R30 software for the R30 is probably the way to go. It is way faster than RT Systems and not as clunky as the method Butel uses but... it is costly. I have all three but even with the slower speeds and few quirks of RT Systems version, RT Systems is still my software of choice for the R30. I don't make a lot of changes where the speed matters much.
Icom's CS-R30 does not let you bulk edit say a range or group of memory channels so it fails there compared to RTs version.

Status
Not open for further replies.