IC-R30 release date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit_Factor

Thanks. that's exactly what I did. I'll receive the IC-R30 tomorrow. Has anyone seen the CS-R30 Cloning (programming) Software? All I can find on it is a really short instruction manual for the software. I emailed RT Systems and they said no plans to support the R30 at this time.

Hit_Factor

Received the R30 today. Using the import / export CSV I was able to program a couple hundred channels, band edges and a couple GPS points.

Probably time for a thread on the R30 on best practices and any issues.

safetyobc

Received the R30 today. Using the import / export CSV I was able to program a couple hundred channels, band edges and a couple GPS points.

I'm curious to know how you are liking the R30 so far?

Hit_Factor

If it also received DMR it would be darn near a perfect match for me.

I have mastered import/export of the csv files to aid programming.

So far monitoring local ham repeaters, dstar, p25, nxdn. P25 and nxdn are trunked systems, it does not follow the control freq, but most conversations can be understood without it.

Have not tried HF or above 800mhz yet.

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
Mine will be here later today. I was wonder8ng if you had any other scanners with which you can compare reception/audio?

If it also received DMR it would be darn near a perfect match for me.

I have mastered import/export of the csv files to aid programming.

So far monitoring local ham repeaters, dstar, p25, nxdn. P25 and nxdn are trunked systems, it does not follow the control freq, but most conversations can be understood without it.

Have not tried HF or above 800mhz yet.

Hit_Factor

Thecop - I'm comparing to an actual nxdn unit in the trunked system. For p25 I'm comparing to a uniden HP2.

Does that answer your question? Or were you looking for something else?

ka1njl

I received my R30 yesterday so it's time to start programming memories. What format did you use for your CSV file? I don't think the manual details what information is in which fields.

Thanks

Hit_Factor

I manually entered one channel and then exported to csv file. That gave me the format and I took it from there.

If you need it I can email the csv files I have to you as an example, but not until this evening.

palmerjrusa

Just received my IC-r30 from HRO.

Has anyone managed to get the USB Driver for the ic-r30 unit to download successfully on Windows 10?

Tried to download from the Icom site and it just wouldn't work. Now the non-functioning parts of the software wont uninstall, even after trying to use "uninstall software".

Hit_Factor

I didn't need a driver, also using Win10. It's just a USB mounted storage device.

Menu, function, usb connect, sd card mode. Then when you plug in the USB cable the receiver will prompt yes or no to mount the SD card on the computer.

Last edited:

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
How did you save file in CSV? Trying to save CSV file on SD card. I go to Menu, hit SD card, Import/Export, CSV format, and when I press, get Separation/Decimal or Date. Press either, and just goes back to Separation/Decimal or Date without saving anything. Can you please outline procedure you used to save CSV file. Thank you.

Steve

palmerjrusa

I didn't need a driver, also using Win10. It's just a USB mounted storage device.

Menu, function, usb connect, sd card mode. Then when you plug in the USB cable the receiver will prompt yes or no to mount the SD card on the computer.

I dont know what the heck happened trying to download the ic-r30 driver software. It wouldn't download properly then wouldn't uninstall after many attempts then decided it would uninstall after all and wasn't showing any presence in the program listing. Tried again to download and this time after unzipping and trying to finish using the Wizard etc I get an error reading saying it can't activate because it cant detect the presence of the driver software!

However as you said just connecting the ic-r30 to my laptop it recognizes it and I can go to the sd card mode and say yes to the prompt and get the PC to ic-r30 image on the radio, however the screen is frozen and no buttons function at that point. I successfully downloaded the latest update and unzipped the file. Then just copied this file to the ic-r30 file location on my laptop. The screen on the radio remains frozen. I switched the radio off and disconnected it from my laptop. Turning the radio back on the update file was indeed present and I followed the prompts to load it and everything went smoothly. Checking afterwards the receiver now has the latest firmware version.

Thanks for your help!

Hit_Factor

How did you save file in CSV? Trying to save CSV file on SD card. I go to Menu, hit SD card, Import/Export, CSV format, and when I press, get Separation/Decimal or Date. Press either, and just goes back to Separation/Decimal or Date without saving anything. Can you please outline procedure you used to save CSV file. Thank you.

Steve
Menu, sd card, import/export, export, memory ch, all, new file, (enter name). Should see an exporting message. The file will be in a subfolder of csv on the sd card.

You can do this with pscan and the gps.

I have not figured out a use for the GPS memory locations as yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.