ICI Trunked System - Posts your new findings here!

K6CCC

I am happy to announce that yesterday around lunchtime, with a big smile on my face, I shut down the I-C-I System site 2 - the Oat Nike 3600 baud site. We are now down to one, and only one 3600 baud cell on the I-C-I System. The 9600 baud (or P-25) site 12 of course remains fully operational at the Oat Nike site.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

allend

Premium Subscriber
I am happy to announce that yesterday around lunchtime, with a big smile on my face, I shut down the I-C-I System site 2 - the Oat Nike 3600 baud site. We are now down to one, and only one 3600 baud cell on the I-C-I System. The 9600 baud (or P-25) site 12 of course remains fully operational at the Oat Nike site.

Just curious when the Montebello Site will be shutdown and merged?

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Why was the Smartzone system deprecated and removed from the database? Montebello hasn't switched over, have they?

kma371

QRT
I received a submission that the old system was offline. If this is not the case, I will reinstate it.

K6CCC

It absolutely is NOT offline - yet. Only the Montebello cell is still operational. In fact I just switched my radio over to that site on Verdugo Red-1, and was hearing traffic.

kma371

QRT
It absolutely is NOT offline - yet. Only the Montebello cell is still operational. In fact I just switched my radio over to that site on Verdugo Red-1, and was hearing traffic.

Ok. I'll add it back online.

K6CCC

There are lots of talkgroups allowed, but for the most part what is actually operating on the Montebello cell is Montebello and Verdugo talkgroups, and various PD talkgroups.

kma371

QRT
There are lots of talkgroups allowed, but for the most part what is actually operating on the Montebello cell is Montebello and Verdugo talkgroups, and various PD talkgroups.

Ok so primary operations of the other agencies have moved to the P25 system correct?

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
The system and all Smartzone talkgroups should remain for now.

The Smartzone system as mentioned earlier is down to single site in Montebello, however many agencies can roam and can potentially still associate with the site still, so all the legacy Smartzone talkgroups shuld also remain.

strandbiker1

Premium Subscriber
adding FRG site to Bearcat 996XT

I have the ICIS radio tech talkgroups programmed in my Bearcat 996XT using the Glendale site. It appears to function normally. I added the Pasadena site frequencies as it is almost the same signal strength as Glendale from my house. When I added Pasadena, all of a sudden I got several ICIS PD and other talkgroups that are not related to Radio techs (2152, 2101,2163, 2161, 2382, 2535 etc). I added no talkgroups only frequencies associated with Pasadena. What did I do to cause the PD talkgroups to show up? I gave the Pasadena frequencies a different quick key and I have disabled it for the time being.

TIA

Skip KD6JA

XLC_Comm442

I have the ICIS radio tech talkgroups programmed in my Bearcat 996XT using the Glendale site. It appears to function normally. I added the Pasadena site frequencies as it is almost the same signal strength as Glendale from my house. When I added Pasadena, all of a sudden I got several ICIS PD and other talkgroups that are not related to Radio techs (2152, 2101,2163, 2161, 2382, 2535 etc). I added no talkgroups only frequencies associated with Pasadena. What did I do to cause the PD talkgroups to show up? I gave the Pasadena frequencies a different quick key and I have disabled it for the time being.

TIA

Skip KD6JA

Well my first question is why you would want to listen to the Radio Techs? The majority of our talkgroups are encrypted, with the exception of two that are strapped for clear. And our conversations are usually less than thrilling. But anyways, the talkgroups you have mentioned are carried across both sites, so something must have changed in your scanner if you are just now hearing them.

kenjicam

I assume that you must be one the smart techs for the ICI system. I think listening to the Tech Talk Groups is really very interesting at times.

rhabshire

How do I listen?

I'm a little confused.
I can tune the VHF UHF frequencies but is there something special I need to listen to talk groups?
I have a TYT-9800 Radio in my car and want to listen to police, fire, emt, etc.

I'm a little confused.
I can tune the VHF UHF frequencies but is there something special I need to listen to talk groups?
I have a TYT-9800 Radio in my car and want to listen to police, fire, emt, etc.

That radio isn't capable of monitoring trunked radio systems.

What you need is a scanner capable of monitoring P25 Phase II trunking radio systems. Specifically, something along the lines of a Uniden 436 would work.