Icom F30GS

kc0cdg

Premium Subscriber
I'm in the process of programming a bunch of Icom F30GS portables that were received by a local rural fire department for their use. The original owner cleared all of the programming out of the radios except the zone/bank names.

I have built the codeplug with 8 zones in it, but I can't find anywhere in the CPS that allows me to change the zone/bank names. I am using version 3.1 of the Windows CPS.

Is there a newer version of the software or perhaps a different CPS that will do this?

Brad

Do not believe you can assign zone names with this model. If so, I would be under Memory channel, Zone operation tab.

FYI, this is one of the first models that CPS operated in windows, from PC DOS on prior models. It was never really updated, and soon went EOL many moons ago. Although, they are a decent performing radio, just don't expect all kinds of bells and whistles like current models.

kc0cdg

Premium Subscriber
F30GS

I sort of wonder then if the DOS version of the software will change the zone names. Whoever the radios came from had zones that were named in them. When they wiped the programming out, they did not change the zone names or blank them out. This is why I know you can change the names but it doesn't appear to be supported in the Windows version.

Thanks for your response.

Brad

Are you sure they are not scan list groups? Those you can assign different alias to and have them change with a programmable button. I just looked at 3.1, could not find anything to name the zones.

kc0cdg

Premium Subscriber
Yep. Positive they are not scan groups. The radio is configured so the bank/zone select will page through the different zones and the names were previously set on the radio. However this was done, I have no way to change it. The Windows software appears to have no way to change the names.

Brad