ICOM IC-2200H Data Output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanningdude

Can anyone confirm if the ICOM IC-2200H will work with Unitrunker? According to the manual it does have a data output jack, from what I have read so far as long as it has that it should be a matter of hooking it up to a computer, program the control channel (monitoring a Motorola Type II SmartZone by the way) and turn on the 9600bps data output and a way it goes.

If I am wrong can anyone recommend an inexpensive amateur radio (under $200) that has the correct capabilities/features.

I would rather not try and add a tap to a old scanner I spent some time trying that before but was unsuccessful.

Mike

SCPD

QRT
If you already own the radio in question, go ahead and try it out. If you're looking for confirmation, I don't know. Someone in the Icom forum might have an answer.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Ic-2200h

The receive range of that radio is 118-174MHz. Unless it has unbelievable modification capabilities, I don't see how it would work. Even if the proper frequency shows on the display, that chances of it actually being received are remote.

scanningdude

Unfortunately I don't currently own the radio I was looking to receive on 142.xxxxx mhz and possibly in the future 143.xxxxx mhz but if your saying that particular radio will have trouble receiving in that range even though its in the specs? Looking at the manual again I take it that's what they mean by the guaranteed range being 144–148 MHz only.

I guess to make things simple in the end I'll have to shell out some extra cash for Uniden or GRE scanner with the control dump feature. My thoughts were to use a amateur radio or even an Kenwood two-way etc. so when the trunked system in my area goes encrypted in the next couple of years I wouldn't have a third scanner laying around a two-way would likely be easier to offload then an analog scanner.

Thanks for your help though, I am open to ideas for a bit I am likely not going to run out and buy anything for a month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.