ICOM IC-R2 software

Status
Not open for further replies.

skdoodah

Hello all,
I have an ICOM IC-R2. I purchased the WCSR2 Windows Programing Software, from RT Systems.
I'm considering adding the Premium Subscription from RadioReference.com. When I looked at the software that is compatible with RadioReference, there was no mention of RT Systems, or the R2.
Is it worth it for me to buy the Premium Subscription, or would I be wasting my money, because they don't sync up?
If the two are compatible, what do I need to do, to get the two systems talking?
Thanks for your help.
p.s. I've had the R2, for quite a while. I gave up trying to program it myself, because it's a huge pain in the rear. I just bought the RT Systems software, so I'm still a rookie with both.
Steven

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I don't think there is any RT system software - or, frankly, any R2 software, that is RR compatible. I could see the value, however. I've seen the R2 and trying to program a whole bunch of conventional frequencies would make all my hair turn grey! 73 Mike

KE7VJW

Premium Subscriber
I use Butel ARCR2 software it copies frequencies form any web site. Like Mike said I don't think there is any R2 software that downloads from RR. I use RT systems for my FT-60R and I don't llike it.

Good luck,

Jim

edro3111

Premium Subscriber
Ic-r2

Jim or anyone else, I bought an IC-R2 just to have a pocket sized scanner to carry around versus the larger handhelds. I have the PC to radio cable but will need to buy a program to enter the freqs easily since I also am driven crazy by the instructions included with the radio itself.

What program do you guys suggest considering that I have Windows Vista Home Premium? Have you guys used the RT systems software enough to recommend it or is there another program which would be better? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Eddie
KF4HEB

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I know a few of my ham friends like the KC8UNJ series of software, and he has one for the R2. It's free, so you won't lose much. Frankly it seems to have quite a number of different imports from other R2 software, which I don't believe some of the others have. Here's the URL for the R2 software

IC-R2 Commander

73 JMike

edro3111

Premium Subscriber
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I'm getting ready to check the link out. I really appreciate the assistance!

Eddie

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I use Butel ARCR2 software it copies frequencies form any web site. Like Mike said I don't think there is any R2 software that downloads from RR. I use RT systems for my FT-60R and I don't llike it.

Good luck,

Jim

There is also a FT60 Commander version at the same website I mentioned earlier 73 Mike

g0njm

ic-r2 commander software

Hi
Anyone use this software on the r2.?
I am having trouble writing to the r2, It reads okay but freezes on the clone input
I am using windows 8
thanks
Colin g0njm

WayneThomas

I am looking for a CD to program a R-2. Does anyone know where I can get the program? I have it on floppy but who has a floppy?
Anyone who can help me please let me know.

g0njm

I am looking for a CD to program a R-2. Does anyone know where I can get the program? I have it on floppy but who has a floppy?
Anyone who can help me please let me know.
hi
i have the commander software (free) for the r2 but cant quite get it to work on win 7
Basically it reads from the scanner but when trying to write to the radio it freezes
I have contacted the author jim mitchell and all though he doesn't use it now he said he would look at the problem.Suggest you download the free software and give it ago. Certain functions are not available until you read from the scanner
VX-2 Commander

Let me know if you can get it to work
Colin

Status
Not open for further replies.