ICOM IC-V8 Handheld

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsaturn12

I hope I am posting this in the correct forum? I have the ICOM IC-V8 Handheld and I bought it pre-programmed from a fellow Volunteer FF. Now that we are switching to NarrowBand, I need to hopefully find someone that can help me to switch it from Wide to Narrow Band. I did pull the manual offline and tried to follow the instructions, what I ended up with was a messed up radio. Having the friend re-program it, he set it up back to Wide. Anyway he has moved and now I must learn how to program this radio. Please Help.

Thank you In Advance

Brian

N8IAA

I hope I am posting this in the correct forum? I have the ICOM IC-V8 Handheld and I bought it pre-programmed from a fellow Volunteer FF. Now that we are switching to NarrowBand, I need to hopefully find someone that can help me to switch it from Wide to Narrow Band. I did pull the manual offline and tried to follow the instructions, what I ended up with was a messed up radio. Having the friend re-program it, he set it up back to Wide. Anyway he has moved and now I must learn how to program this radio. Please Help.

Thank you In Advance

Brian

First, the Icom V-8 is an amateur handheld radio. It is not type accepted for use on commercial frequencies.
Second, it is not narrow band compliant. It is meant to operate in the frequency range of 144-148MHz in a 'wideband' mode.
You need to get a commercial radio that will work on the correct bandwidth.
This is not a flame, but to give you info why the radio does not work.
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.