Icom ID-51 Unboxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

KQ4BX

Premium Subscriber
Nice blog information on the ID-51. I actually learned some things about the radio. I ordered the 50th Anniversary edition that will arrive Wednesday. It includes two antennas, and is upgraded by virtue of a fast processor and more memory. That all translates to faster data transfer, and increased storage of repeaters, including FM repeaters now. I bought the drop in charger with it, even though it is a hollow shell with contacts, and a wall wart, making it a rip off at the price they sell it for. It needs no support, and is not likely to generate a minuscule amount of tech support calls, yet they charge as much as they can, for as long as they can.
I bought it in White, but I hope it isn't any more white than it looks on their web site. It really looks to be not so bright, and I hope that is the case.

I wone the ID-5100, and IC-7100, and really enjoy D-Star, but the IC-7100 is an awesome HF radio, including the filters, many features that make it easy to operate. The touch screen really enhances the speed at which things get done, so it is not as limiting as it looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.