ICOM PCR100 - XP or Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
chadbyoung said:
Does anyone know if the ICOM PCR100 will work on XP or Vista?

Thanks
Chad

I ran the Icom software for the PCR-100 on Vista Home Premium with no problems.

N4UYV_Al

I had to get the RS 232-USB cable from Radio Shack... Something went terribly wrong with the cables driver & my Vista.... Now the pcr100 sits collecting dust...

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
N4UYV_Al said:
I had to get the RS 232-USB cable from Radio Shack... Something went terribly wrong with the cables driver & my Vista.... Now the pcr100 sits collecting dust...

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. The PCR-100 normally works with an RS232 serial cable. It does not require any drivers.

N4UYV_Al

well, the original cable that came with the PCR-100 wouldnt plug into my new system so I had to get a new cable for my USB port & that cable had a driver CD which caused big problems with my vista...

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
N4UYV_Al said:
well, the original cable that came with the PCR-100 wouldnt plug into my new system so I had to get a new cable for my USB port & that cable had a driver CD which caused big problems with my vista...

Ok, I see what you're saying. Were the drivers you installed Vista compatible? Have you tried un-installing them, and reinstalling them? What exactly went wrong? Do you see any com ports in your Vista Device Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.