IcomAmerica

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4UYV_Al

Anyone here ever sent back an HF rig for repair to Icom in Washington State?? Just curious, I have my old IC-729 (21 years old) giving me problems...
Just wondered if anyone's had problems with their radio repair service.. Or, if anyone was happy with it... Thanks.. 73 de N4UYV

N4KVE

There are many other places to send a radio to be fixed, depending on where in the USA you are. Scott Malcolm who used to work for Icom does excellent work, & Matt in Michigan also. Look on E-Ham.net & check out the feedback in the repair section for a list of guys who actually are proud of the work they do. GARY N4KVE

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
With regards to sending a radio back to Icom, I had an Icom IC-R8500 fail on me. Between shipping from and back to the east coast and the repair it was only out of the shack for about 2.5 weeks. This was about 5 years ago so your mileage may vary, but between that and other interactions with Icom America I've had a very positive experience.

W2NJS

My R71A was back to Icom a couple of years ago with what I've found to be the usual positive results. They run well-managed and reliable shop.

gcgrotz

Just sent my IC-746 to SARTS in MI, according to FedEx it will arrive there today. I've read a lot of good things about Matt so I decided to try him.

Status
Not open for further replies.