ID Search accidentally enabled in QuickKey

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2IRT

Hi all,
I'm not sure how I did this but hope I can un-do it somehow....

This is for a BCD996xt, and I've tried to fix it using both FreeScan and ARC-XT Pro, to no avail.

I wish to monitor two talkgroups on one site of a major statewide system (Fairfield Police Department, Type-I TGs 2599 and 2601 on the NJICS system). I added the system, Added one site and added one group with the two TGs. I assigned that site to a system QuickKey that also contains 2 other trunked agencies and a bunch of conventional. When I engage SCAN on QuickKey 5, it scans normally but also does an ID SEARCH on the NJICS system for other Phase-1 systems.

How can I remove "ID SEARCH" and just scan the two needed talkgroups -- in addition to the other items ?

Thanks in advance.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
First of all, if you're using two or more software programs, you'd want to make certain you have each configured identically for each system you have set up. If, for example, you had set the "ID Scan" to "Search" on FreeScan, but set it to "Scan" on Arc XT-Pro, and then uploaded to the 996 using FreeScan, your system would now be set to "Search" for id's, and not "Scan" for id's. When you manually re-set the ID Scan via the scanner, and then later upload from the software, your scanner will pick up any settings from the software and your manual configuration will be lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.