ID Tracker III - V1.20.2 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

brscanning

David, no rush. Hope you can figure it out. Let me know if you have any questions or need anything else (except $$$s... :lol: ).

73, Dave K4EET

Dave,

I was found a few issues in testing. Please get version 1.20.4 from the web site.

Also, I found that you have not assigned Fav Quick Keys for each system. ID Tracker uses the quick keys to select the active systems. Try assigning a unique key for each system and see if that helps.

I don't think the system handling is where it needs to be for scanners with so many systems and long names. As I get time I will dig into this further.

Attachments

• QKey.jpg
    QKey.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 279

K4EET

Chaplain
David,

I will grab the new version tomorrow and see about adding the Fav Quick Keys. I'll report back to you once I have it done.

73, Dave K4EET

K4EET

Chaplain
David,

After a quick test of the new version today, it sure looks a whole lot better. Kudos to your efforts! You are making great progress now! As for the Fav Quick Keys, I have not assigned Fav Quick Keys for each system yet. I'll try to do that tomorrow and will report back to you as soon as I finish exercising your latest code.

73, Dave K4EET

K4EET

Chaplain
David,

I am just now starting to test the new version 1.20.4.0 of ID Tracker III. I have gone through all of my Favorites and added a Fav Quick Key to everything and shortened the Favorite names down to 16 characters or less. A new zipped file of my HPDs is included here.

On startup, I am getting the following error. It does not appear to be fatal and since I have not really tested anything yet after adding the Fav QKs and shortening names down to 16 characters or less, I do not know if this error is affecting anything. I mainly wanted to get this information to you ASAP. Here is the error dialog:

ID_Tracker_III_-_Application_Error.jpg

Let me know if you need anything else or have any questions.

73, Dave K4EET

Attachments

• HPD.zip
    65.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

K4EET

Chaplain
David,

Totally disregard the post above. I messed up in the Favorites listing which is causing the error. I could no longer edit the post above nor could I delete it. Just take my word that it is incorrect and the issue was caused by my own stupidity. I'll fix the problem and report back to you in the next day or two.

73, Dave K4EET

K4EET

Chaplain
David,

I have corrected my mistake in the Favorites listing and now have 81 Favorites with Fav QKs from 0 to 80. The application is tracking now with a good display in Scanner Control and a good display with operational buttons in System Control.

The following error does occur on startup but is not fatal:

ID Tracker III 11/14/2018 9:33:44 PM

Module ID: ID Tracker III
Module Version: 1.20.4

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR
Application Error!
Step: GLT,DEPT,7230
Response: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<GLT>
<DEPT Index="8298" TGroupId="0" Name="Maryland State Highway Administration" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="0" />
<DEPT Index="8380" TGroupId="0" Name="Maryland State Police" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="1" />
<DEPT Index="8514" TGroupId="0" Name="Maryland Transit Administration" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="2" />
<DEPT Index="8530" TGroupId="0" Name="Maryland Transportation Authority" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="3" />
<DEPT Index="8604" TGroupId="0" Name="Queen Anne&apos;s County" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="4" />
<DEPT Index="8646" TGroupId="0" Name="Somerset County" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="5" />
<DEPT Index="8656" TGroupId="0" Name="Talbot County" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="6" />
<DEPT Index="8742" TGroupId="0" Name="Towson University" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="7" />
<DEPT Index="8758" TGroupId="0" Name="University of Baltimore" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="8" />
<DEPT Index="8766" TGroupId="0" Name="Worcester County" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="9" />
<DEPT Index="7616" TGroupId="0" Name="Allegany County" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="78" />
<Footer No="1" EOT="0"/>
</GLT>
GLT,<XML>,
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<GLT>
<DEPT Index="7624" TGroupId="0" Name="Caroline County" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="79" />
<DEPT Index="7650" TGroupId="0" Name="Cecil County" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="80" />
<DEPT Index="7658" TGroupId="0" Name="Comptroller of Maryland" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="81" />
<DEPT Index="7666" TGroupId="0" Name="Dorchester County" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="82" />
<DEPT Index="7698" TGroupId="0" Name="Federal" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="83" />
<DEPT Index="7724" TGroupId="0" Name="FIRST Radio Techs" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="84" />
<DEPT Index="7732" TGroupId="0" Name="Kent County" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="85" />
<DEPT Index="7780" TGroupId="0" Name="Maryland" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="86" />
<DEPT Index="7874" TGroupId="0" Name="Maryland Aviation Authority" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="87" />
<DEPT Index="7902" TGroupId="0" Name="Maryland Capitol Police" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="88" />
<DEPT Index="7916" TGroupId="0" Na="Maryland Emergency Management Agency" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="96" />
<DEPT Index="8172" TGroupId="0" Name="Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="97" />
<DEPT Index="8196" TGroupId="0" Name="Maryland National Guard" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="98" />
<DEPT Index="8278" TGroupId="0" Name="Maryland Port Authority" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="99" />
<Footer No="3" EOT="1"/>
</GLT>

DETAILS
ID Tracker III Version: 1.20.4.0
Module: modUnidenHP Routine: LoadHPSystems

Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source: IDTrackerIII

Stack Trace:
at IDTrackerIII.modUnidenHP.LoadHPSystems()

I want to do a little more checking of the HPD files and I'll get them to you sometime tomorrow if all goes well.

QUESTION: Do you have ProScan?

Have a great day!

73, Dave K4EET

brscanning

David,

I have corrected my mistake in the Favorites listing and now have 81 Favorites with Fav QKs from 0 to 80. The application is tracking now with a good display in Scanner Control and a good display with operational buttons in System Control.

The following error does occur on startup but is not fatal:

ID Tracker III 11/14/2018 9:33:44 PM

ERROR
Application Error!
Step: GLT,DEPT,7230
<GLT>
<DEPT Index="8298" TGroupId="0" Name="Maryland State Highway Administration" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="0" />
<DEPT Index="8380" TGroupId="0" Name="Maryland State Police" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="1" />
<DEPT Index="8514" TGroupId="0" Name="Maryland Transit Administration" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="2" />
<DEPT Index="8530" TGroupId="0" Name="Maryland Transportation Authority" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="3" />
<DEPT Index="8604" TGroupId="0" Name="Queen Anne&apos;s County" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="4" />
<DEPT Index="8646" TGroupId="0" Name="Somerset County" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="5" />
<DEPT Index="8656" TGroupId="0" Name="Talbot County" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="6" />
<DEPT Index="8742" TGroupId="0" Name="Towson University" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="7" />
<DEPT Index="8758" TGroupId="0" Name="University of Baltimore" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="8" />
<DEPT Index="8766" TGroupId="0" Name="Worcester County" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="9" />
<DEPT Index="7616" TGroupId="0" Name="Allegany County" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="78" />
<Footer No="1" EOT="0"/>
</GLT>
GLT,<XML>,
<GLT>
<DEPT Index="7624" TGroupId="0" Name="Caroline County" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="79" />
<DEPT Index="7650" TGroupId="0" Name="Cecil County" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="80" />
<DEPT Index="7658" TGroupId="0" Name="Comptroller of Maryland" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="81" />
<DEPT Index="7666" TGroupId="0" Name="Dorchester County" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="82" />
<DEPT Index="7698" TGroupId="0" Name="Federal" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="83" />
<DEPT Index="7724" TGroupId="0" Name="FIRST Radio Techs" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="84" />
<DEPT Index="7732" TGroupId="0" Name="Kent County" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="85" />
<DEPT Index="7780" TGroupId="0" Name="Maryland" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="86" />
<DEPT Index="7874" TGroupId="0" Name="Maryland Aviation Authority" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="87" />
<DEPT Index="7902" TGroupId="0" Name="Maryland Capitol Police" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="88" />
<DEPT Index="7916" TGroupId="0" Na="Maryland Emergency Management Agency" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="96" />
<DEPT Index="8172" TGroupId="0" Name="Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="97" />
<DEPT Index="8196" TGroupId="0" Name="Maryland National Guard" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="98" />
<DEPT Index="8278" TGroupId="0" Name="Maryland Port Authority" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="99" />
<Footer No="3" EOT="1"/>
</GLT>

DETAILS

Stack Trace:

I want to do a little more checking of the HPD files and I'll get them to you sometime tomorrow if all goes well.

QUESTION: Do you have ProScan?

Have a great day!

73, Dave K4EET

Sorry for the slow response. Been busy with other things. Post your latest files and I will take a look. I don't have ProScan.

brscanning

Could you elaborate on "virtual COM port" as I'm looking to use ID Tracker on a Uniden BCD325P2

When you plug in the USB cable it should create the virtual COM port. Virtual because it is not a real RS-232 COM port. It should show up in your device manager.

Attachments

• COMPORT.png
    COMPORT.png
    6 KB · Views: 142

K4EET

Chaplain
Sorry for the slow response. Been busy with other things. Post your latest files and I will take a look. I don't have ProScan.

David,

I have further refined my Favorites listing. I had found some more errors and noticed that somewhere along the way I somehow managed to duplicate the Favorites. So now, instead of having 80 Favorites, there are only 40. Further, after all was said and done, ID Tracker III now starts without any errors or warnings and seems to be working really good.

Now I need to carefully read the ID Tracker Help File so that I will know how to use the application correctly. Until I do so, what I say next may be completely erroneous...

QUESTION: In the "System Control" window, now that I have exactly 40 Favorites, they seem to populate the 20 blocks in the "Favorites" section as well as the next 20 blocks in the "Systems" section. Is that correct?

I'll leave it at that since I really don't know how to correctly manipulate the various functions and features. My latest 40 HPD files are included with this posting for your review.

Thanks for all that you are doing for the scanner community with ID Tracker III. May our God bless you 100-fold. And last but certainly not least, I hope you and your family had a nice Thanksgiving. We all have so much to be thankful for.

73, Dave K4EET

Attachments

• HPD_(2018-11-21).zip
    65 KB · Views: 9

K4EET

Chaplain
David,

Every now and then, not very often, I do get an error dialog when starting the program immediately after depressing "Track" on the main window. Let me know if you want me to post these here, send them to you via some other route or not send them to you at all (since they are intermittent and do not seem to be reproducible). Restarting the program immediately after an error dialog will usually result in no error dialog occurring the next time as was the case here.

Here is one such error dialog:

ID Tracker III 11/24/2018 2:47:27 PM

ERROR
Application Error!
Step: GLT,SITE,4062
<GLT>
<SITE Index="4065" SiteId="0" Name="Allegany Simulcast" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="39" />
<SITE Index="4074" SiteId="0" Name="Allegany-Garrett Simulcast" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="40" />
<SITE Index="4082" SiteId="0" Name="Anne Arundel Simulcast" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="41" />
<SITE Index="4094" SiteId="0" Name="Baltimore Central Booking ASR" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="42" />
<SITE Index="4102" SiteId="0" Name="Baltimore Harbor Tunnels" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="43" />
<SITE Index="4109" SiteId="0" Name="Baltimore Simulcast" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="44" />
<SITE Index="4129" SiteId="0" Name="Bozman (St. Michael&apos;s)" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="45" />
<SITE Index="4139" SiteId="0" Name="Bridgeport SHA ASR" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="46" />
<SITE Index="4149" SiteId="0" Name="Caroline Simulcast" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="47" />
<SITE Index="4159" SiteId="0" Name="Cecil Simulcast" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="48" />
<SITE Index="4169" SiteId="0" Name="Conowingo ASR" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="49" />
<SITE Index="4177" SiteId="0" Name="Dorchester Simulcast" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="50" />
<Footer No="1" EOT="0"/>
</GLT>
GLT,<XML>,
<GLT>
<SITE Index="4187" SiteId="0" Name="Federalsburg ASR" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="51" />
<SITE Index="4197" SiteId="0" Name="Gambrills Mountain ASR" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="52" />
<SITE Index="4207" SiteId="0" Name="Garrett Simulcast" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="53" />
<SITE Index="4214" SiteId="0" Name="Greenbury Point" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="54" />
<SITE Index="4224" SiteId="0" Name="Harford Simulcast" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="55" />
<SITE Index="4234" SiteId="0" Name="Howard Simulcast" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="56" />
<SITE Index="4244" SiteId="0" Name="Howard Wastewater ASR" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="57" />
<SITE Index="4253" SiteId="0" Name="Kent Simulcast" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="58" />
<SITE Index="4263" SiteId="0" Name="Knoxville - Miller Ave. ASR" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="59" />
<SITE Index="4271" SiteId="0" Name="Lambs Knoll" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="60" />
<SITE Index="4281" SiteId="0" Name="Lineboro ASR" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="61" />
<SITE Index="4291" SiteId="0" Name="Mar Lu Ridge ASR" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="62" />
<Footer No="2" EOT="0"/>
</GLT>
GLT,<XML>,
<GLT>
<SITE Index="4301" SiteId="0" Name="Matapeake" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="63" />
<SITE Index="4311" SiteId="0" Name="Mt. Airy ASR" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="64" />
<SITE Index="4321" SiteId="0" Name="Ocean City" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="65" />
<SITE Index="4331" SiteId="0" Name="Queen Anne&apos;s Simulcast" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="66" />
<SITE Index="4341" SiteId="0" Name="Quirauk ASR" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="67" />
<SITE Index="4351" SiteId="0" Name="Sideling Hill ASR" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="68" />
<SITE Index="4361" SiteId="0" Name="Talbot Simulcast" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="69" />
<SITE Index="4371" SiteId="0" Name="Taylors Island" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="70" />
<SITE Index="4381" SiteId="0" Name="Towson University" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="71" />
<SITE Index="4391" SiteId="0" Name="Tracys Landing ASR" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="72" />
<SITE Index="4401" SiteId="0" Name="Warrior Mountain ASR" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="73" />
<SITE Index="4408" SiteId="0" Name="Washington Simulca4" />
<Footer No="3" EOT="0"/>
</GLT>
GLT,<XML>,
<GLT>
<SITE Index="4418" SiteId="0" Name="Westminster ASR" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="75" />
<SITE Index="4428" SiteId="0" Name="Wicomico Simulcast" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="76" />
<SITE Index="4438" SiteId="0" Name="Worcester/Somerset Simulcast" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="77" />
<Footer No="4" EOT="1"/>
</GLT>

DETAILS

Stack Trace:

Here is one other data dump:

ID Tracker III 11/24/2018 3:15:14 PM

ERROR
Application Error!
Step: GLT,DEPT,2460
<GLT>
<DEPT Index="2463" CGroupId="0" Name="Utilities" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="27" />
<DEPT Index="2471" CGroupId="0" Name="Hospitals - Anne Arundel Medical Center" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="28" />
<DEPT Index="2477" CGroupId="0" Name="Hospitals - Baltimore Washington Medical Center" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="29" />
<DEPT Index="2483" CGroupId="0" Name="Miscellaneous - Manufacturing" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="30" />
<DEPT Index="2493" CGroupId="0" Name="Miscellaneous - Raw Materials" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="31" />
<DEPT Index="2499" CGroupId="0" Name="Retail - Arundel Mills Mall" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="32" />
<DEPT Index="2515" CGroupId="0" Name="Retail - Arundel Plaza Shopping Center" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="33" />
<DEPT Index="2519" CGroupId="0" Name="Retail - Forest Plaza Shopping Center" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="34" />
<DEPT Index="2525" CGroupId="0" Name="Retail - Gateway Village Area" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="35" />
<DEPT Index="2531" CGroupId="0" Name="Retail - Marley Station Mall" AvQ_Key="36" />
<Footer No="1" EOT="0"/>
</GLT>
GLT,<XML>,
<GLT>
<DEPT Index="2535" CGroupId="0" Name="Retail - Miscellaneous" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="37" />
<DEPT Index="2541" CGroupId="0" Name="Retail - Quarterfield Crossing" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="38" />
<DEPT Index="2547" CGroupId="0" Name="Retail - Severna Park Marketplace" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="39" />
<DEPT Index="2555" CGroupId="0" Name="Retail - Westfield Annapolis" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="40" />
<DEPT Index="2561" CGroupId="0" Name="Transportation - Buses" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="41" />
<DEPT Index="2565" CGroupId="0" Name="Transportation - Taxis/Sedan Services" Avoid="Off" Q_Key="42" />
<Footer No="2" EOT="1"/>
</GLT>

DETAILS

Stack Trace:

Have a great weekend!

73, Dave K4EET

K4EET

Chaplain
For those following this thread that downloaded my zipped HPD file [HPD_(2018-11-21).zip] (see Post #29 in this thread) of my current HPD files for just about all of the systems in Anne Arundel County, Maryland (and then some), I am posting the PDF version of the corresponding Favorites Quick Key (FQK) List [FQK List (2018-11-24).pdf] for your use. Of course, this is mainly for the folks in Anne Arundel County, Maryland and perhaps some parts of the surrounding counties if you can hear our various systems.

ATTENTION EVERYONE:

As for ID Tracker III by David M. Hitchner - K5DMH (brscanning) of Baton Rouge, LA, author of ID Tracker / ID Tracker II / ID Tracker III, I highly recommend that you give this Freeware a try. It is compatible with the following scanners: PSR-500/600, PRO-106/197, BCT8, BCT15, BCT15X, BC250D, BC296D, BR330T, BC346XT, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BC898T, BCD996T, BCD996XT, BCD996P2, BCD436HP and BCD536HP (also, non-US versions of these scanners). The BCD436HP and BCD536HP have been recently incorporated into the software and is undergoing some minor debugging as you can see in this thread.

The ID Tracker III program is really quite good and offers up quite a few features some of which are covered in this independent review. I have been using this program since Version 1.20.2 was released on 26 October 2018 and have been very pleased with its performance. So if you have not tried out this software yet, consider giving it a go. I believe that you will be happy with the results. Oh and one other thing, the built-in Help file is very helpful (duh! :lol: ) and will answer just about all of your questions. For the rest of them, well, you have a great website called Radio Reference at your disposal.

Cheers! Dave

K4EET

Chaplain
For those following this thread that downloaded my zipped HPD file [HPD_(2018-11-21).zip] (see Post #29 in this thread) of my current HPD files for just about all of the systems in Anne Arundel County, Maryland (and then some), I am posting the PDF version of the corresponding Favorites Quick Key (FQK) List [FQK List (2018-11-24).pdf] for your use. Of course, this is mainly for the folks in Anne Arundel County, Maryland and perhaps some parts of the surrounding counties if you can hear our various systems. <snip>

Well... I know that the file was uploaded and appeared loaded before I posted but just now I noticed that the referenced file was not there. Duh! :roll: Dunno what happened...

So here I go trying to post it again. I'll make sure it's there this time. :lol:

Cheers! Dave

Attachments

• FQK List (2018-11-24).pdf
    42.2 KB · Views: 13

brscanning

David,

Which of these two Help files is more current? The one on the ID Tracker III website found at https://www.ovscan.com/idtmirror/IDTrackerIIIHelp.chm or the Help file that is included with the ID Tracker III software (or is the software pulling from the web-based Help file)?

Thanks es 73, Dave K4EET

Dave,

The links should go to the same file. When you install the software it should contain the latest help file. You can press F1 on the main form and it should bring up the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.