ID Tracker III - V1.20.2 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4EET

Chaplain
brscanning,

Thanks for the heads-up on this. I was not aware that "ID Tracker" even existed. I did download the latest version for my Uniden BCD536HP and it is connected via COM3. However, when I press "Track" it gives me an Application Error as follows:

ID Tracker III Version: 1.20.2.0
Module: modUnidenHP Routine: LoadHPSystems

Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
Source: mscorlib

Stack Trace:
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at IDTrackerIII.frmSysControlHP.AssignSwitch(String strTitle, Int32 intIndex, Int32 intFav, Int32 intSys, Int32 intDept)
at IDTrackerIII.modUnidenHP.LoadHPSystems()

My wife and I are going out for breakfast so I'll have to look at this later. Again, thanks for the heads-up on the "ID Tracker III" application!

Cheers! Dave

K4EET

Chaplain
That fixed the main issue and got it running...

ID_Tracker_III.jpg

But the "System Control" box is not anywhere near correct. Only Police and Fire are active...

ID_Tracker_III-System_Control.jpg

Cheers! Dave

K4EET

Chaplain
737mech,

On your Favorites listing, do you use more than 16 Characters resulting in the "ID Tracker III - Messages" dialog box like mine shown on the right in the first picture? I guess just about all, if not all, of my Favorites exceed 16 characters. The 16 character limit on a Uniden BCD536HP display is what can be displayed in the lower right on the screen. I guess I could shorted the names so the whole name appears on the screen... :roll:

Aside from the "System Control" box, do you find the rest of the application behaving well?

Cheers! Dave

brscanning

That fixed the main issue and got it running...

ID_Tracker_III.jpg

But the "System Control" box is not anywhere near correct. Only Police and Fire are active...

ID_Tracker_III-System_Control.jpg

Cheers! Dave

I don't keep near as much loaded on my scanner. What did you use to program your scanner? I use ARC536 so if you could send me your .hpd files I could program my scanner and maybe determine what the issues are.

brscanning

737mech,

On your Favorites listing, do you use more than 16 Characters resulting in the "ID Tracker III - Messages" dialog box like mine shown on the right in the first picture? I guess just about all, if not all, of my Favorites exceed 16 characters. The 16 character limit on a Uniden BCD536HP display is what can be displayed in the lower right on the screen. I guess I could shorted the names so the whole name appears on the screen... :roll:

Aside from the "System Control" box, do you find the rest of the application behaving well?

Cheers! Dave

Since it have been a while since I wrote the code so I don't remember the exact reason but I have these comments in my source code:

'------------------------------------------------------------------------
' Systems in different favorite lists are treated as the same system.
'
' Favorites should be limited to 16 characters.
' System, Department and Site names should be limited to 25 characters.
' If using Close Call, use "Do Not Disturb" mode. The radio does not
' correctly report the scanner's status after a Close Call check.
'------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe it may be that the code has to use the display information to determine the current status. Since the display has limited characters the information retrieved is limited. It would take some time to really analyze the code so at this point I will stick with my comments.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
737mech,

Cheers! Dave

I just read this, seems I can't do that in sentinel very easy? Don't want to delete my fav lists. What to do? Actually I just tried again, my list is NNSA for the test site, It's a MOT system. Not 16 characters and the button doesn't respond???

Last edited:

brscanning

I just read this, seems I can't do that in sentinel very easy? Don't want to delete my fav lists. What to do? Actually I just tried again, my list is NNSA for the test site, It's a MOT system. Not 16 characters and the button doesn't respond???

Clicking on the button simply selects the item and displays related items below it. Did you double-click on the button? Double-clicking toggles the item.

K4EET

Chaplain
I don't keep near as much loaded on my scanner. What did you use to program your scanner? I use ARC536 so if you could send me your .hpd files I could program my scanner and maybe determine what the issues are.

David, I use a combination of ARC536PRO, ProScan and Sentinel (listed in alphabetical order) for programming the scanner. I will gather up the HPD files from ARC536PRO and send them to you via PM. 73, Dave K4EET

K4EET

Chaplain
David, looks like I cannot attach files to a PM. Here is the Zipped HPD file set. 73, Dave K4EET

Attachments

• HPD_as_of_2018-10-29.zip
    68.3 KB · Views: 23

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
ID Tracker III Audio Question

Is there a way to run the audio through the computer/ID Tracker III program to be able to monitor the scanner this way in conjunction with the onscreen display?

Also, I see the enable recording in settings, but is there a toggle for recording certain calls, is there a way, if I hear interesting traffic, to start/stop recordings?

Just started playing with this and really like it, gave me a reason to once again use my Pro 197 for something other than Unitrunker.

Last edited:

brscanning

Is there a way to run the audio through the computer/ID Tracker III program to be able to monitor the scanner this way in conjunction with the onscreen display?

Also, I see the enable recording in settings, but is there a toggle for recording certain calls, is there a way, if I hear interesting traffic, to start/stop recordings?

Just started playing with this and really like it, gave me a reason to once again use my Pro 197 for something other than Unitrunker.

If you run an audio cable from the scanners audio output into the audio input of your computer you should be able to record the audio. Once audio is recording you can use the built-in audio player to review the audio with timestamps and other information.

ID Tracker is very flexible for recording. You can enable recording at a global, system and ID / frequency levels. I am usually use ID Tracker to record unidentified IDs with "Resume on Identified" enabled. Using various combinations of setting you should be able to do what you want.

by right-clicking on various items such as the main display, ID list, etc, there are a number of context menus to give you quick access to various functions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.