Identify satellite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
I'm seeing a sat in the 137 Mhz band that has two downlink channels that are roughly 6 khz apart. The data looks like PSK and the b/w is only about 6k or so. The sound is very weak but it doesn't sound like Meteosat. When I see it next, I'll record a screenshot from SDR#. I don't think it's ORBCOMM either (as their data is chirpy) because I've seen & decoded that already. FM36 has been overhead in the early morning hours and is approaching in 15 minutes or so.

Looks like there's a carrier at around the 2000hz mark.

Any ideas?

Screenshot:

unksat2.jpg

Last edited:

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
I'm seeing a sat in the 137 Mhz band that has two downlink channels that are roughly 30 khz apart. The data looks like PSK and the b/w is only about 8k or so. The sound is very weak but it doesn't sound like Meteosat. When I see it next, I'll record a screenshot from SDR#. I don't think it's ORBCOMM either (as their data is chirpy) because I've seen & decoded that already. FM36 has been overhead in the early morning hours and is approaching in 15 minutes or so.

Any ideas?

PS. Is there a web site that will show you what satellites are in your area?

Tell us the frequencies of the unknown!!!

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Ah I discovered this is ORBCOMM -- it's their newest generation FM47. They use a higher data rate and thus the data is spewed much faster.

FM47.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.