Idiots Guide to Unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

gs_new

Holy Crap I thought marriage was complicated! I tried leaving a message on the Unitrunker forum but got nothing. Read and read didn't help... I think I have all settings right but dont get anything. I am either not looking in the right place or cant find a decent help file with the program either.

Hence the need for additional help. Much appreciated!

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I can't find your post in the trunker forums.

Confirm you have done this with UT 1.0.0.5 (the latest version):
(this applies if you are doing it using the GRE's built-in output, and not a discriminator tap)

Click on the Receivers tab.
Create a new receiver using the +.
Double click on the one just created (Unconfigured/Unknown).
Set the type to Inline.
Set the model to PSR500.
Set the role to Signal.
Set the Serial Port to whatever it should be (whatever port your scanner is connected to).
On my system, data bits showed up as 7... if things are normal, it should be 8. Try it one way; if it doesn't work right, try it the other way.
Check off all the abilities you want your scanner to be able to use. P25, ProVoice, APCO P25, EDACS48, EDACS96, Motorola, and LTR is probably a good start. (If you're only going to monitor Calgary, all you need is P25 and Motorola.)
Once all that's done, go back up to the top of this dialog where the line is that says "Run/Stopped". Change it to "Running". Within a few seconds, a site should pop up with the traffic.

gs_new

Hi Thanks working now could have swore I did that all before. Now I just need to figure out what all the info means. Will have to read till my eyes bleed I guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.