IE 11 Adobe Flash issue Databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

budevans

Since the Windows Patch Tuesday update (12/10) I have an issue viewing Web pages (such as the Databases) with IE 11 that require Adobe Flash. This happens on other sites also.

There is a new element (for lack of a better word) a circle with a line through it that appears on the url address bar between the magnifying glass and the reload circular arrow. See the pic below.

Click on the circle, a window will open. Click on Turn off Active X Filtering. This allows Adobe Flash to work and the Database US MAP will appear.

Last edited:

RonnieUSA

Since the Windows Patch Tuesday update (12/10) I have an issue viewing Web pages (such as the Databases) with IE 11 that require Adobe Flash. This happens on other sites also.

There is a new element (for lack of a better word) a circle with a line through it that appears on the url address bar between the magnifying glass and the reload circular arrow. See the pic below.

Click on the circle, a window will open. Click on Turn off Active X Filtering. This allows Adobe Flash to work and the Database US MAP will appear.

Just gave it a try using IE 11, and no problems.

Last edited:

budevans

Just gave it a try using IE 11, and no problems.

RonnieUSA,

Thanks for the feedback. I've always run IE 11 fully locked down, so it was interesting that after the Patch Tuesday Updates some sites reported Abobe Flash not present. There were several security updates for IE 11.

I'll put IE back to the default settings and start turning on the security features one by one to see which one finally blocks Adobe Flash use (actually Shockwave in IE 11).

Status
Not open for further replies.