• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

If you were only allowed one firearm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is EXACTLY what should happen. Government's are at the top of the pyramid, and they set the rules based on what the people want, but tempered by the fact they're at the top looking down. This is democracy. Sometimes large parts of the community disagree (look at our Brexit mess), but it does seem to an outsider that BUSINESS is playing a large part in the US predilection to want to shoot anything that moves, and have private citizens armed to the teeth for protection. Protection from what? other citizens with bigger guns.

I appreciate you have these amendment things that get clasped to the heart and embraced as something critically important. However, doesn't the word amendment suggest that something got changed before? Clearly, to outsiders, the almost childlike rhetoric the pro gun lobby spurt out makes non US citizens across the world smack our heads and wonder how so many people apparently intelligent just don't get it. The US gun laws are a joke. The pro gun lobby in 100 years will be viewed like old Cagney movies. Totally out of touch. The one thing in our press all the time are comments about Kinder Eggs. It's a joke a great country ban chocolate eggs with little toys inside because they're dangerous, but the kid not allowed to buy one can fire a gun? That isn't dangerous?

Sorry pro-gunners, you are all becoming very fast, a world wide joke, and your spokesmen/women put on World wide TV to demonstrate how deluded they are. They cite their prepared statements meant to justify your unalienable rights and everybody laughs at them. You do realise it a big joke to those who have common sense Government right? You really don't believe the reasoning surely, come on - you just like guns, and you like firing them, and feeling empowered? Yes?

We're just a daft sometimes - an old fella heard burglars downstairs, so he went down confronted them and one got accidentally stabbed with a screwdriver and died. We arrested the old man, and then he got released later, and now is under Police guard because the crooks have threatened him. In the US, you'd just have blown away the burglar, and gone to Walmart to buy an extra gun for backup.

Every time I read these posts I just don't understand why America doesn't understand how it makes them look.
You don't understand because you like living in a police state and hiding behind a keyboard.
I just ordered 2 more AR-15s and another AK-47 complete with 100 round magazines.
Why you ask?
Because i can.
LMAO!

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
As much as I'd like to say my full-auto Uzi, it would take a back seat to an AR15.

There are tons of parts available and kits that convert them to 9MM for home defense or 22LR for hunting small game. A suppressor would also be on the list to keep noise to a minimum, especially if using 300 Black-Out. Unnecessary noise will attract bad actors.

My choice, Savage SVX mark 2 Bolt action rifle with a 4 power scope ,3 10 round mags [also has iron sights on it so scope can come off] .

A 12 ga is nice BUT remember the ammo is heavy and bulky. and so aren't other calibers. .22 cal. can kill almost anything if shot placement is right. ammo is lighter and easier to carry A Boltie is easier to clean and keep maintained. Just my thoughts .

Which is EXACTLY what should happen. Government's are at the top of the pyramid, and they set the rules based on what the people want, but tempered by the fact they're at the top looking down. This is democracy. Sometimes large parts of the community disagree (look at our Brexit mess), but it does seem to an outsider that BUSINESS is playing a large part in the US predilection to want to shoot anything that moves, and have private citizens armed to the teeth for protection. Protection from what? other citizens with bigger guns.

I appreciate you have these amendment things that get clasped to the heart and embraced as something critically important. However, doesn't the word amendment suggest that something got changed before? Clearly, to outsiders, the almost childlike rhetoric the pro gun lobby spurt out makes non US citizens across the world smack our heads and wonder how so many people apparently intelligent just don't get it. The US gun laws are a joke. The pro gun lobby in 100 years will be viewed like old Cagney movies. Totally out of touch. The one thing in our press all the time are comments about Kinder Eggs. It's a joke a great country ban chocolate eggs with little toys inside because they're dangerous, but the kid not allowed to buy one can fire a gun? That isn't dangerous?

Sorry pro-gunners, you are all becoming very fast, a world wide joke, and your spokesmen/women put on World wide TV to demonstrate how deluded they are. They cite their prepared statements meant to justify your unalienable rights and everybody laughs at them. You do realise it a big joke to those who have common sense Government right? You really don't believe the reasoning surely, come on - you just like guns, and you like firing them, and feeling empowered? Yes?

We're just a daft sometimes - an old fella heard burglars downstairs, so he went down confronted them and one got accidentally stabbed with a screwdriver and died. We arrested the old man, and then he got released later, and now is under Police guard because the crooks have threatened him. In the US, you'd just have blown away the burglar, and gone to Walmart to buy an extra gun for backup.

Every time I read these posts I just don't understand why America doesn't understand how it makes them look.
Please keep thinking that. Why do you think we haven't had a successful invasion by an armed force [NOT counting then flood of illegal invaders] Because they KNOW they would be met with not just our armed forces BUT the majority of armed citizens THE TRUE MILITIA in the 2nd Amendment! BTW we Americans are CITIZENS not SUBJECTS like those in the UK. That old archaic document is still up to date and working quite well. We haven't been dociled like others THO them anti gunners are really busting their hind ends to try. The world might think we are a joke BUT when all hell breaks loose who do they cry for help from? Militarily? Humanely? Financially? The US Uncle Sucker BTW I have been an armed security officer and have faced the muzzle of another's firearms and was damn glad I had mine. I have never been nor will ever be a victIm or a lamb for the slaughter. I recite from the voice of the Late Great President of the NRA Charlton Heston "FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!"

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
The biggest downside to .22LR ammo is the need to keep it dry. Most of it today, especially Remington, have lose fitting bullets where they're pressed into the brass and if they get caught in the rain, it will ruin the powder.

this is not the place to discuss firearms this site for radios and scanners??? what happen how this SLIP by the Admin?
OK all my .22 ammunition is radio controlled I can fire 1 bullet and it can zig zag and climb and dive till it hits the target. How is that? happy now? ;)

Edit Ammo is made by the ACME Ammo Company also

I read in a forum somewhere of an elderly lady who had lived her whole life in Alaska. All she had was a single fire Bolt Action .22 rifle. and she hunted game with it and was very successful at it. All you need to know is where to hit it and you can kill game for food..

"All you need to know is where to hit it and you can kill game for food.."
You might also need some skill, not simply knowing where to aim.
A friend of mine put in two hitches as an Army sniper. For him, anything under 200 yards was boring. For *most* shooters with *most* off the shelf weapons with off the shelf ammo? If they can place a shot within two inches at 100 yards, shooting from a bench rest, that's a prime day.
And that plain .22 won't do more than annoy any kind of bear, among other threats.

It isn't a one-size-fits-all.

If i lived in the USA i think the iconic Winchester 1873 would be a pretty decent firearm to own.

Must have done it's job pretty well for you folks and it looks a versatile weapon for hunting and defence.

Not to long in the barrel for defence but enough to bag some good eating. : )

If your going with a combo, an Air Force M6 survival rifle in .22LR and .410 would be interesting but I think its cheating for this thread. You should be able to chamber .45 long Colt in the .410 side or use slugs for medium size game/self defense and .22 for everything else.

I had an old Savage .410/.22 combo for a short time and thought it was interesting, but not that useful for me personally.

Hmmm, clever. I hadn't thought of a combo. What about a drilling or vierling? -Could cover a lot of ground with one of those. It may be "cheating" in terms of this discussion though.

If your going with a combo, an Air Force M6 survival rifle in .22LR and .410 would be interesting but I think its cheating for this thread. You should be able to chamber .45 long Colt in the .410 side or use slugs for medium size game/self defense and .22 for everything else.

I had an old Savage .410/.22 combo for a short time and thought it was interesting, but not that useful for me personally.
The trouble I'd foresee with the .45 Long Colt would be the lack of rifling. I'd have to say though that with some enthusiastic reloading, one could get some pretty respectable muzzle energy out of it. Certainly enough to get the attention of any "shootee" one would encounter in North America, given proper shot placement of course.

...This is democracy. ...

Yet, every time you brits get in a spot of bother you come running to America and its guns to save your arses.

Democracy is three wolves and a sheep deciding what is for supper. However, you are subjects of a monarchy who are allowed the illusion of democracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.