I'll pay you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

raybob1983

I am wanting to pay someone close to Lafayette to program my scanner for Police, Fire, EMS. I live right by a fire station and I hear sirens all the time but I am not picking anything up on my scanner (pro433). Could someone please help me out?

I am wanting all the freqs programed along with all the talk groups and trunking. I am willing to pay good money to have this done.

Thank you in advance

Last edited:

jerk

raybob1983 said:
I am wanting to pay someone close to Lafayette to program my scanner for Police, Fire, EMS. I live right by a fire station and I hear sirens all the time but I am not picking anything up on my scanner (pro433). Could someone please help me out?

I am wanting all the freqs programed along with all the talk groups and trunking. I am willing to pay good money to have this done.

Thank you in advance
Google ARC433, it is a progamming software for that scanner. One problem might be is they use some digital, which your scanner will not pick up.

But I'm not in the area or from so I don't what you can receive for sure on it.

raybob1983

I did google that. But I am still lost. It asks for freq's and when I look uptalk groups on RR.com there are no freq's all it has is Dec, Hex, Mode, Alpha Tag ect...

I have no clue how to input any of that into the scanner. I will travel to you if someone will program it for me.

EncryptionMan

If your area is a trunking system you will need the primary and alternate control channel as well as the talk groups that you want to listen to. As a scanner user you want to worry about the TGID (Talk group ID) in decimal format or as abbreviated in the database here as DEC (hexadecimal or HEX is what is used in programing actual radios not scanners so I see no reason for a scanner website to list this information)

As far as control channels you will want to find the ones that are associated with sites near you.

Once you have the information TO program the scanner by using a manual for your unit I think you will find its pretty simple.

Id like to help but I need a direct link to the page that hosts the information regarding the area in which you want to monitor and a detailed list of the agency's and such.

jerk

raybob1983 said:
I did google that. But I am still lost. It asks for freq's and when I look uptalk groups on RR.com there are no freq's all it has is Dec, Hex, Mode, Alpha Tag ect...

I have no clue how to input any of that into the scanner. I will travel to you if someone will program it for me.
This is from the manual, enter the Control Frequencies
Try these frequencies: 866.8500; 867.7125; 868.1125; 868.5875; 868.8375
Then make sure the bank is open, should be automatically, and let it search.
Now some of those are digital, and that scanner will not receive them.
programming trunked frequencies
To program trunked frequencies, complete the following steps:
1. Press E/PGM in conventional mode to set the scanner in
programming mode. Then, press TRUNK. Your scanner beeps,
then all the bank numbers flash.
2. Press the number key for the desired target storage bank.
3. Press or to select a trunking system type, then press
E/PGM. You can select from the following systems:
You See Trunk System
E2 – 800 ........................................Motorola Type II, 800 MHz frequencies

4. Prog F appears, then press E/PGM. The scanner automatically
selects the fi rst channel in the selected banks.
5. Use the number keys to enter a valid frequency within the trunk
system, then press E/PGM. The bank number, the channel
number, and E (EDACS), M (Motorola) or L (LTR) appears
depending upon the trunk system selected.
Trunking Operations
• If you try to enter a duplicate frequency in a bank, the
scanner beeps and the channel which was previously
stored appears.
6. Press or to select the next channel in the bank and repeat
Step 4 to enter frequencies in that bank.
7. Press SRCH to begin searching for the trunk’s data channel
and scan conventional frequencies at the same time. After the
data channel is acquired, the scanner begins a trunk search that
fi nds all active talk groups in the trunked system.
8. (Optional) To turn a bank on or off, press and hold the SCAN/
MANUAL button during trunk scanning. When the trunked bank
appears, press the bank number (0–9).

Last edited:

jerk

This is for Conventional

Tippecanoe County Fire/EMS
Frequency
154.37000 Fire Dispatch
154.19000 Fire-Tac
154.28000 Statewide Fire Mutual Aid
155.95500 EMS Dispatch
155.80500 St. Elizabeth Ambulance EMS Dispatch
461.50000 St. Elizabeth Hospital - Operations
153.08750 PHI Medical Helicopter

storing frequencies in channels
Your scanner comes with 150 preprogrammed frequencies. You
can manually store frequencies using a frequency guide such as
the “RadioShack Police Call Guide including Fire and Emergency
Services, and Offi cial Aeronautical Frequency Directory.”
1. Press E/PGM. PGM appears in the display.
2 Enter the channel number where you want to store a frequency.
3. Press SCAN/MANUAL.
4. Enter the frequency including the decimal point.
5. Press E/PGM to store the frequency. The scanner automatically
rounds the entered number to the nearest valid frequency. For
example, 151.473 (MHz) becomes 151.475.
If you entered a frequency that is already saved on
another channel, the scanner beeps and displays the
channel. Press . /CLR /DELAY to exit, or press E/PGM to
store the frequency on both channels.

EncryptionMan

newsalan said:
Now some of those are digital, and that scanner will not receive them.

It is the talkgroup that the user needs to worry about not the control channel. Just because you call the control channel "digital" does not mean a user with an "analog" scanner can not hear it. If the talk group you want to monitor is "digital" and you have an "analog" scanner it will not decode the traffic.

djl998

EncryptionMan said:
It is the talkgroup that the user needs to worry about not the control channel. Just because you call the control channel "digital" does not mean a user with an "analog" scanner can not hear it. If the talk group you want to monitor is "digital" and you have an "analog" scanner it will not decode the traffic.

What? How are you supposed to monitor a talkgroup if your scanner can't decode the control channel? Yeah you could hear the voice channel, but without truck tracking capability following a conversation is nearly impossible.

EncryptionMan

I read my statement again and i do not see anything wrong with it perhaps I am just not catching my mistake so here we go

a Control channel can "send" both "analog" and "digital" transmissions. If you have an "analog " scanner you will be able to hear the "analog" transmissions on "analog" talk groups however you your scanner will not decode the "digital" encoding for the "digital" talk group.

Trunked radio sytems can pass both "analog" and "digital" audio. If you only have an "analog" scanner you can still program those control channels as long as that site has associated "analog" talk groups.

SORRY if thats still confusing.

Basically there really is no 100% "digital" control channel as they can also pass "analog".

I was not telling the user to eliminate the control channel from his programming i was just trying to clarify the fact that another member called the control channel "digital"

derrek_lee_25

if its a radioshack scanner you could take it to them and have them program every thing in, thats how my pro 2055 was programmed when i got it as a birthday present

jerk

EncryptionMan said:
You KNEW what I meant... no need to comment except perhaps to say there are digital and analog talk groups.

And the Control Channel is a digital signal, (measured in Bits and Baud) and some Control Channels have no analog nor are they capable of it at all!

He is asking for help! He does not want a lesson in trunking radios, and I tried to help, and I'm guilty of not proofreading close enough.

jerk

raybob1983 said:

How did you make out with the information and frequencies I provided... has that gotten you some reception?

EncryptionMan

newsalan said:
You KNEW what I meant... no need to comment except perhaps to say there are digital and analog talk groups.

And the Control Channel is a digital signal, (measured in Bits and Baud) and some Control Channels have no analog nor are they capable of it at all!

He is asking for help! He does not want a lesson in trunking radios, and I tried to help, and I'm guilty of not proofreading close enough.

Hey man I tried to explain it. HE WAS HAVING TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING.

you told him if he didn't have a digital scanner it would not work and thats an inaccurate statement.

Since I work on a trunked system every day for the past 6 years I think I know how they work and how to explain how to program them

raybob1983

newsalan said:
How did you make out with the information and frequencies I provided... has that gotten you some reception?

I am getting a lot more on the scanner now. I still do not have the talk groups or trunking set up yet though. Will that get me quite a bit more?

I am going to Radio Shack tomorrow morning and have them program it for me. I called them and they said that who ever checked me out should have programmed it for me. So they told me to come back and the manager that is a "Radio Guru" is going to program it for me.

Thank you all for all the information you have all shared.

Thanks again
Robert

ind224

Looks like Tippy was just updated last week. Imagine that. It appears they are still analog with APCO 25 capabilities for inter op. I could be wrong too however.

Status
Not open for further replies.