• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Illegal Immigration

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i am watching C-Span / Washington Journal and lo and behold,,,

Guess what is mentioned as a solution to illegal immigration by the guest speaker on the show in response to a caller?

Same thing i have been saying for years!!!

eVerify and better screening by employers but employers are pushing back against these efforts because it will hurt their bottom line!!!

IE: they KNOW what they are doing is wrong and want to continue circumventing the law to do it.

i have suggested taking it one step further, better screening and eVerify use by not only employers but landlords and make it a requirement under the law. no pass eVerify, no rental or job!!!.

worried about the farming industry? then make an exemption for them or make a temporary easy to get pass like Canada uses for seasonal migrant workers.

i am well aware of that State of the Union Address.

that has nothing to do with what i posted i am not advocating illegal immigration only stating we don't need a $25 Billion Dollar wall when we have people suffering here and infrastructure falling apart.

we have the infrastructure in place already to stop illegal immigration dead in it's tracks and it won't cost us a fortune to implement.

i am well aware of that State of the Union Address.

that has nothing to do with what i posted i am not advocating illegal immigration only stating we don't need a $25 Billion Dollar wall when we have people suffering here and infrastructure falling apart.

we have the infrastructure in place already to stop illegal immigration dead in it's tracks and it won't cost us a fortune to implement.
Thank you for your concern. As of 10:00 AM EST today (1/30/17), there were ONLY 375 views of this video. This was just posted on January 28, 2017, so I just thought it would be interesting for some on here to see just how "TWO SIDED" some of our elected officials can be.

"James_Bond_007", I am glad that you are right on top of things here. You and I were TWO of the 375 viewers that saw this.

I'm sure you are fully aware of this also, but that Wall that you are referring to was actually started 11 years ago, in 2006. Hillary Clinton then VOTED FOR IT, along with 26 other democrats. Our wonderful internet has that fully documented for us.

Thank you Mr 007, great job on the fact that you were already aware of this 1995 President Clinton speech and way ahead of so many others. I just felt that posting this would give a somewhat different side to the story that we've all been reading and hearing about lately.

that i was not aware of, i had thought the Wall was a recent thing.

I just located this article though.

Trump Can Order Border Wall Because Of Democrats | The Daily Caller
Thank you.

Friends and families are arguing over these issues.
We have seen violence and injury over it.

Sometimes we put too much faith in people who are really only out there to benefit themselves. They will tell us something today and change their story tomorrow. All to benefit themselves. Those following this are seeing just one example.

We campaign for them.
We march for them.
We contribute to them.
We defend them.

They make promises that they don't keep.
They give some people our money to benefit themselves.

Pretty sad actually.

Laws have been in place for decades that MUST be enforced to stop the illegal crisis.

If you employ, feed, shelter, of harbor illegals you are in fact guilty of a federal crime which demands prison time.

Start locking up employers and anyone giving sanctuary and this goes away FAST

No wall needed

Laws have been in place for decades that MUST be enforced to stop the illegal crisis.

If you employ, feed, shelter, of harbor illegals you are in fact guilty of a federal crime which demands prison time.

No wall needed
exactly!

this is what i have been saying all along.

$25 Billion can help a lot of us citizens or go toward paying down the debt.

the infrastructure and laws to stop illegal immigration dead in it's track has been in place for decades.

ANd the illegals LAUGH at OUR laws Mexico scoffs at our laws THEY have a wall on the southern border BUT make noises over OUR intentions to build said wall. I would like to see a MILITARIZED zone build a good strong sturdy wall set up machine gun towers so far out, land mines and barb and razor wire in front and on top. Bring our troops home from foreign soil have them man said wall. n Give them order if anyone crossed said border shoot and shoot to kill No matter who it be.

2nd locate ALL illegals and transport them back to where ever they may have come from. if that country refuses them drop them from said airplane with [or without] a parachute. NO illegal invader [ none of this undocumented BS] gets food stamps unemployment social security or anything pack em in a camp and send em home. IF they are working for a company who never checked to see if they were here legally fine the owners a large amount and maybe some jail time to boot. Make it so they fear being here illegal or hiring an illegal.

This smells good.
prcguy

ANd the illegals LAUGH at OUR laws Mexico scoffs at our laws THEY have a wall on the southern border BUT make noises over OUR intentions to build said wall. I would like to see a MILITARIZED zone build a good strong sturdy wall set up machine gun towers so far out, land mines and barb and razor wire in front and on top. Bring our troops home from foreign soil have them man said wall. n Give them order if anyone crossed said border shoot and shoot to kill No matter who it be.

2nd locate ALL illegals and transport them back to where ever they may have come from. if that country refuses them drop them from said airplane with [or without] a parachute. NO illegal invader [ none of this undocumented BS] gets food stamps unemployment social security or anything pack em in a camp and send em home. IF they are working for a company who never checked to see if they were here legally fine the owners a large amount and maybe some jail time to boot. Make it so they fear being here illegal or hiring an illegal.

I don't think e verify is effective because Barack Obama ,aka Barry Soetoro, used a stolen Connecticut SSN that failed e verify and no one questioned him.

No wall needed
I'm not sure of the details of how eVerify but the employee verification process hasn't always benefited those trying to verify.

Several years ago I was tasked with processing documentation for prospective employees for the company I work for. Given the type of business, it was common to have immigrants apply for many positions. Among the documents that I frequently received were green cards and social security cards. Contrary to what many would consider "common sense" I was not permitted to verify these documents until after an employee was hired. (This was by law, not company policy.) The best I could do was inspect the documents and make a decision at face value as to whether they were counterfeit and then check out the documents with SSA AFTER they were employed. If the paperwork was found to be suspect, all I could do was inform the now new employee that a problem existed and ask them to get it fixed.

The hiring of illegal immigrants is definitely a problem but historically, the problem hasn't always been with just the employer. I've no doubt that the government has been complicit as well.

AC2OY

Premium Subscriber
I don't think e verify is effective because Barack Obama ,aka Barry Soetoro, used a stolen Connecticut SSN that failed e verify and no one questioned him.
Ouch a shot straight to the chin or jaw!!!! I said this before and will say it again nobody had the balls to question him because he was black and exactly what the perverse left wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.