Illinois Marathon: Champaign-Urbana

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubn

Database Admin
The Illinois Marathon will be held Saturday, April 11, 2009, in Champaign-Urbana. Newspaper articles have stated that police will be providing traffic control at major intersections while volunteers will man side streets. I expect there to be a ton of medical personnel involved, such as Illini EMS, Pro Ambulance, and Arrow Ambulance.

I have posted possible frequencies here:
Champaign-Urbana - The RadioReference Wiki

If you know of other frequencies that may be used or hear related traffic the weekend of the event, please post your findings (either here or to the wiki section).

Event info:
The Illinois Marathon

kylech99

Premium Subscriber
EMS Operations was on Incident 3.It sounds like since I talked to one of the organizers that this marathon will become a yearly thing!

cubn

Database Admin
I was in the stadium listening until noon but didn't get to look at the scanner much to see what talkgroups or frequencies I was hearing but as much as I was able to determine:
*Starcom21 - ISP D10 Detail A (ISP units)
*451.350 Memorial Stadium channel
*451.450 Illini EMS
*Marathon staff at Memorial Stadium were seen carrying Motorola Saber radios with 800 MHz stubby antenna. Unknown what system or talkgroup they were on...anyone hear the staff on 800 MHz? Nothing noted in the 800 MHz band via CloseCall except the MDICE TRS inputs.
*One of the UIPD officer's radio display looked like it said "8 INC4". I couldn't make out any more except that one of the lines was showing the radio id alias that was transmitting on that talkgroup. PD was on MDICE Incident 4 while EMS was on Incident 3.
*Heard some transmissions around 6:30am on MDICE Champaign PW 1 but didn't hear if it was related to the race. The main public works ops before the race were on MDICE TG 22712
*453.775 MTD buses was an interesting source about the street closures

Status
Not open for further replies.