Illinois Tower Range In Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCOTTER

I Live In South Bend, In I Would Like To Know If I Can Pick Up Any Illinois Towers Were I Live. I Have A Bc 369t With A Super Seeker Ant.800mz Inside. I Pick Up Toll Road Traffic All The Way To The State Line. Yesterday I Could Hear In State Waiting For Truck Il State Pd Was Chaseing About To Cross State Line It Got Me Thinking If I Could Maybe Pick Up A Tower Near The State Line In Il.i Looked At Some Of The Tower Sites In Illinois And They Show Circles That Cover 225 Miles All The Way Past South Bend A Little.can Anybody Tell Me If Thats True Thanks Scotter

XTS3000

I Live 5 miles into indiana from Illinois, and I can not pickup any starcom21 sites. Starcom towers are teaked to cover Illinios, but you wonder more than a few miles into indiana, and the CC drop like a rock.

N9JIG

Sheriff
South Bend is pretty far into Indiana to reliably hear Illinois traffic. You might hear some VHF high-band repeaters, or some of the CPD Zone and Citywide channels. I wouldn't expect to hear any StarCom21 sites.

Sometimes weather conditions are such that make longer distances possible, especially for VHF-high and especially in spring and early summer mornings.

bigt512

the Indiana toll road has towers that go from the skyway(westpoint) to the ohio line(eastpoint) so no matter were you are along that road you are going to hear their traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.