Important Notes about Dutchess County:

Status
Not open for further replies.

19rsc78

I received this information from a website called policescanners.net
If this is true thats sucks. Will the scanner companies catch up and make something to monitor these new systems?

Important Notes about Dutchess County:

The cities are presently converting from an analog, conventional system to an all digital AEGIS system which can't be monitored by a scanner. You will however be able to monitor New York State Police radio transmissions, but they also have the ability to communicate to the above the cities and towns using the AEGIS system. Transmissions from the state police to those towns can not be monitored.

In addition, Ulster and Orange County are also migrating to the all digital AEGIS system, which will make their public safety counties not monitorable. You will be able to monitor Putnam and Columbia Counties.

Please click on the link below for online and printed radio frequency and trunking scanner radio resources for this county.

Radio Reference

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Aegis hasn't been used in ages. Seriously. It's like a late 80's digital voice scheme.

Doubtful they'd be switching to it. I think policescanner.net should check it's info.

They could go Provoice though.

mike4164

Premium Subscriber
The AEGIS system is outdated and there are no plans to use it. The site you posted where you got that information is also outdated and the people who post there don't get current information. I have been to that site several times over the past few years and they are always posting old information.If you want current information for the hudson valley I suggest you stay with RR as they are the most up to date on information about the radio systems.By the way,dutchess county had the AEGIS system in place for several years and it has not been used.

Status
Not open for further replies.