Improving the LAPD FEED

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgerift

Hey guys. We were just wondering what our listiners think we could do to
improve the LAPD feed.
One thing under considderation is a better antenna system. Improving the RF signal
can't hurt and would certainly help with simplex (which the LAPD uses a lot) communications.

What about splitting the stream into left and right streams adding ??? Well we aren't sure.
What would you guys want?
How can we make the WORLDWIDE Number 1 Police scanner stream BETTER?

We will considder all reasionable suggestions.

Ideas?
BTW

Are any of you making use of the tags? How?

Edgerift

mitbr

Thanks for the feed. I listen primarily with the Squeezebox Radio which has a small screen for the text tags.I would like to see the text tag info shortened a little more maybe remove the words lapd dispatch and just show condensed info for the talkgroup so it would show up better on my screen.

The audio seems pretty good most of the time the morse code identifiers are annoying but you don't have much control over that unless its on a less used talkgroup that could be removed from the feed.
Speaking about the talkgroups maybe eliminate any talkgroups not associated with lapd disp and tac this would speed up the feeds scan time.

Place a delay time on each talkgroup just long enough to receive the reply from mobile units especially on the tac channels, this would allow listeners to hear more of a compete call.
Thanks for posting this in the forum sometimes its hard to give you the suggestions that could improve the feeds ie no email ect if there is a way to contact you off this list let us know.

Again thanks allot for providing a great feed!
Tim
kg4jjs

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
If it's feasible, you could perhaps split the feed for left & right speakers. Put the main divisions in 1 speaker & the Valley divisions in the other speaker, along with hotshots, traffic channels & LAX PD.

Jason

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
If it's feasible, you could perhaps split the feed for left & right speakers. Put the main divisions in 1 speaker & the Valley divisions in the other speaker, along with hotshots, traffic channels & LAX PD.

Jason

I would strongly recommend that if you intend to split the feed that you split into separate feeds. Most of the mobile players don't have the capability to adjust the balance, and it's certain to cause confusion for mobile device listeners.

I think that two feeds - one for the valley and one for the main divisions, would be best.

Status
Not open for further replies.