In Search of the Perfect Mobile Frequency- a Cowgirl's Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Guys, this is not what I wanted this to turn into.
I've enjoyed doing this trip report, and I thought others would enjoy it too, but I won't write it at the expense of making myself and my friend a target for the Trolls. Life is too short and this trip, otherwise, too enjoyable.
To all you wonderful fellows with your kind comments, its been a real pleasure having you ride along with us....big hugs, Cowboys :)
Ciao

Lauri

Last edited by a moderator:

majoco

Stirrer
You're doing very well, Lauri, just keep it up - very interesting and entertaining - have a safe trip and not too many samples in the breweries and distilleries.... :)

Best 88's to both of you..

Last edited:

DJ11DLN

I'm enjoying it and hope you will continue as well. Sometimes you just have to ignore the "noise floor," LOL.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Folks, let's get back to Lauri's stories. If you don't care to read them, you are free to check out another thread. If you have a problem with a forum post, please use the Report feature to alert the moderators.

Several posts which were non-contributory to the thread have been deleted.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Please do continue the story.. Don't let the haters win. I knew the Hobbit wasn't a real story, didn't stop me from reading it several dozen times.

N2AL

Thanks Andrew (N2AL) :)
We (Barb and I) have come to the conclusion long ago that a female voice can draw the operators out of the woodwork. Probably there are far more listeners than talkers on these frequencies- certainly on CB it works magic. Add a French accent and we clean house.... :)

I concur with your conclusion. If I could get my wife on the radio we might have an easier time making contacts hi hi. Thanks for the chronicles of your travels! They are great to read and to plan new trips around our glorious home called America! 73 and enjoy your trip!

Will001

Premium Subscriber
Ok Guys, this is not what I wanted this to turn into.
I've enjoyed doing this trip report, and I thought others would enjoy it too, but I won't write it at the expense of making myself and my friend a target for the Trolls. Life is too short and this trip, otherwise, too enjoyable.
To all you wonderful fellows with your kind comments, its been a real pleasure having you ride along with us....big hugs, Cowboys :)
Ciao

Lauri

Don’t listen to those idiots...we all love the stories! Please don’t let them get to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Please don't stop posting your log here, many of us who are/were truckers are enjoying your reports. Myself, I never had any luck with 10m out on the road, had a Galaxy dedicated to it that remained silent except for a couple of good times that I can remember.

Painting the simplex freq on your car was a great idea, as I always fired up 2m and initiated a QSO when I saw any indicators on a car or RV that there might be a ham onboard. Now that I am part of the RV community I also have a b-sticker on the back advertising. I believe that gets most of my QSOs going!

Enjoy your trip and ignore the trolls. Kind of like you have to do on the Cb ;)

Stay safe!

JD
kf3anc

K4EET

Chaplain
I'll chime in too and say that I enjoy reading your posts. I too hope that you will continue to "blog" about your trip. Also, I am praying that the two of you have a safe trip out and back. Enjoy! As they say... "Keep the shiny side up..." 73, Rev. David E. Hamm, K4EET

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Really helped pass the time away.

I have a job that has me travelling all over my province for work, I have logged hundreds of thousands of kilometres on the highways in Alberta, and there is no better way to pass the time than talking on the radio. Especially constantly travelling on roads I travel regularly, the scenery gets old. Really old. A conversation can turn a 3 or 4 hour drive into what feels like minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
A conversation can turn a 3 or 4 hour drive into what feels like minutes.

Boy I can sure relate to that! One time I was having such a terrific QSO with another ham that I suddenly realized that I'd completely missed my exit and had to backtrack 30 miles to resume my planned route! :lol:

Lauri, please come back! Most of us miss your excellent and often funny writing. :D

RFI-EMI-GUY

She must come back, otherwise, like last time we will be speculating her and her friend having an alien abduction from some corn field in Iowa.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

SpugEddy

Premium Subscriber
The sad part is; her stopping the posting is
just gonna give the troll some more fodder.

Thank you Lauri, it was very entertaining for us
"bored to tears" people. Enjoy your trip. Be safe!

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I find this thread, right after someone pisses off the author. Great timing.

Lauri, if you read this, enjoy your trip.

Sent using Tapatalk

"What happen'd to our radio blog ?" asked Barb.
I have been sharing each day's entries with her in the evenings- now she was puzzled why I wasn't writing. So I told her about the Trolls.
"Then weave it into the log" she said, adding
"You're Coyote, the story teller, make something out of it"
And taking my laptop, she scrolled thru the forum
"Looks like the cavalry has been thru here" (indicating W9BU :) )
"We've had several guardian angel along on this trip, haven't we ? "
We had stopped earlier in the day to visit Fort Larned (Kansas,) one of the Army posts that once protected the Santa Fe Trail from the 1860's to 80's. The image of cavalry troops riding to the rescue must be playing heavily on her mind.**
"Colourful image-- dagoons riding forth to succor fair maidens."
(Naw, Barbi- I can't weave that into here..... and conjure up other images Guys :) )
So, since I last wrote, we have cover'd quite a few miles- and some neat radio encounters. "52" has not been a disappointment. But all that can wait until tomorrow - my attention tonight was on Trolls. :)
Lauri :)

.______________________________________________
** though nothing of the sort ever happened there, for the fort was built after most of the Plains Hostilities were over. Plus the neighboring tribes learned far better than to attack such a fort, armed with Gatling guns and mountain howitzers. Fort Larned is run by the National Park Service, its a charming step back to the earlier days of the Santa Fe trail. I highly recommend it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.