Increased Mil Air activity over Palm Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

scancho

Premium Subscriber
Throught the day I've been noticing more frequent appearences of single and two-flight F-18's over the area. I've been able to catch a few related comms but not any tactical or operation control. I assume this increased activity will be sustained at least over the weekend. Anyone else monitoring? Any recommendations where I should look for air-air or ops control?

I'm hearing callsign COMBAT on routine ATC.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Well the most current I have for VMFA(AW)-121 is 308.25, 277.275 and 269.975 for Air-Air.

Mark

karldotcom

I have heard Banger 1, Banger 2, and one other plane off Pt Mugu 327.100 SBA sector....they are radar planes....not sure if they are drilling or working.

Uplink

I have heard Banger 1, Banger 2, and one other plane off Pt Mugu 327.100 SBA sector....they are radar planes....not sure if they are drilling or working.

Banger 1 & 2 were doing a flyby over Pepperdine University, heard them talking to Mugu approach, and saw them in formation going up the shoreline while I was camping, awesome.

Engine104

Member since 2005
Banger 1 & 2 were doing a flyby over Pepperdine University, heard them talking to Mugu approach, and saw them in formation going up the shoreline while I was camping, awesome.

Cool! Too bad that wasn't on a week day. I work at Pepperdine and I would have liked to have seen that.

I've occasionally seen S-60's and CH-46s flying over here. The best was a few years ago when the Blue Angels flew by up the coast in a diamond formation. They were headed to Fleet Week in SF.

Status
Not open for further replies.