India Doing Well This Evening

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjxii

I haven't been trying to listen to SW broadcast much lately as the SSN is so low but I'm testing a new toy so I'm giving the 31 Meter Band a cruise. AIR 9445 coming in very well in Florida around 0000 UTC and 9865 weaker but very listenable with wonderful music. Which has me wondering...

What regions have you found that have been coming well and at what times? Australia (RIP) and NZ were always North American summertime stations, is that holding true this season?

pjxii

Yeah RNZI now on 13840kHz and later tonight they'll be on 11725kHz I think at 0500UTC. Fantastic signal into San Fran every night.

Thanks, just tried 13840 kHz here but going from weak to very weak/unintelligible. If I'm still up later will give 11725 kHz a try.

Sri Lanka on 11905 kHz here is weak but quite listenable.

GB46

Yeah RNZI now on 13840kHz and later tonight they'll be on 11725kHz I think at 0500UTC. Fantastic signal into San Fran every night.
They come in here at 0400UTC every evening. Actually, their interval signal starts at 0359 (the sound of some kind of songbird). At sign-on their signal is only about S4 to S7 with lots of fading, but it gets gradually stronger towards 0500UTC, sometimes reaching S9. Fading is still an issue, however. After that they're probably much easier to hear, but unfortunately I don't stay up late enough to hear them at their best.

GB46

Thanks, just tried 13840 kHz here but going from weak to very weak/unintelligible.
Same here. Of course, ridgescan is in San Francisco, so there'd be little between him and New Zealand besides water. In my case there are several mountain ranges between me and the Pacific, not to mention my high noise level and the impossibility of putting an antenna outdoors.

I remember when propagation was good enough to listen to RNZI and they used to play a lot of Maori folk music. I really enjoyed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.