Indiana Radio ID Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choffa

I was told when you put a radio on the system each radio has an ID (not the System ID) and I was just curious if anyone knew an ID I could use, someone said it might be something like 7xxxx

seamusg

Choffa said:
I was told when you put a radio on the system each radio has an ID (not the System ID) and I was just curious if anyone knew an ID I could use, someone said it might be something like 7xxxx
You might want to check out what happened to some people in western Michigan who did that for extra radios for their FD. They went to jail.

Choffa

seamusg said:
You might want to check out what happened to some people in western Michigan who did that for extra radios for their FD. They went to jail.

I wasn't asking for advice, I am asking for a radio ID--thanks anyway.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
You may want to check with your system administrator for permission to do that. You shouldn't need a radio ID to only listen to the system.

Choffa

I wasn't sure if the system required one or not to monitor or transmit, but was curious if there was one what the ID was...

seamusg

Choffa said:
I wasn't sure if the system required one or not to monitor or transmit, but was curious if there was one what the ID was...
Every radio on the system has it's own unique ID, like a serial number. It needs one to transmit on the system.

Choffa

seamusg said:
Every radio on the system has it's own unique ID, like a serial number. It needs one to transmit on the system.

So how do you find out what IDs they use? WITHOUT me going and asking them.. I'd rather just find it out if anyone knows...

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Why don't you explain the whole story... Everything so far sounds illegal. When he says each ID is unique, that means if you use one there's already a "real" radio using it.

Choffa

I'll explain my situation to someone who might be able to help me but its rather long and tedious so I'll refrain from posting in throughout the forum... I realize it appears to be illegal but my use will not be for illegal activity... like I said its a long story.

Status
Not open for further replies.