Indianapolis FD-North and FD-South

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggill

The RR database shows the TGID for FD-North is 10203 and FD-South is 10204. Lately I have not been hearing any radio traffic on FD-North (10203), but I am hearing radio traffic from units on the north side of the city on FD-South (10204). Can anyone explain this? Did TGIDs get changed for these channels?

Thanks.

Greg

cubn

Database Admin
I too had been wondering why I never see FD-North used.

When do units use FD-North/South vs the FD-Ops TGs? I’m assuming FD-Ops are for working incidents. What are the fire detail TGs used for?

The TGs I hear most often used are: IFEMS-DISP, FD-South and FD-OP01.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
North is used for single apparatus incidents north of I 70, South is for single apparatus incidents south of I 70. (At least that was the original division line.) North and South are also used for minor admin messaging and information talk. North actually gets used a lot, and you just happen to see the South end of the patch. I catch it from the other end usually. The Ops TG's are for larger working incidents with multiple apparatus. Massive Incidents go to the Tacticals and Interop Red.

The Details were originally meant for events, special ops, etc.... But I have actually never seen them used. Most of those go to the Tacticals.

Status
Not open for further replies.