Indianapolis / Marion County Live Audio Feed Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC9NEG

Hey, guys...

Quick update, as good things have been happening here! I am the feed provider for what was formerly known as the "Marion County Police Dispatch" feed. It's been renamed to "Indy Metro, Speedway, Lawrence, and Beech Grove Police Dispatch" to more accurately reflect its content (and to differentiate it from a formerly identical new feed, which is now a subset of my feed).

I've confirmed that the two recent (2.04 and 2.04.01) firmware updates released by Uniden for the HomePatrol-1 had severely reduced the performance of the radio while monitoring the system used by these agencies. I didn't catch onto this quickly, because I installed the first update and moved the radio at nearly the same time and had attributed the loss in performance to the move. Thanks to this forum, I now know better and have reverted to firmware 2.03.01 and all is well again.

I've installed and tuned a Laird Y8063 antenna. These changes have led to a massive improvement to the amount and quality of traffic being copied on the feed. It's literally almost nonstop comms now--the best performance I've ever achieved while monitoring this system.

Also, thanks to Bob Aune (RadioFeed, proscan.org) adding alpha tag support for the HomePatrol-1, I've resumed streaming tags for compatible players. This is wonderful for a busy system like this one--IMPD in particular's numerous districts can be differentiated by listeners in real-time now. A heads-up for you Android users--Scanner Radio by Gordon Edwards now supports these alpha tags!

To summarize, if you haven't tuned in for awhile or found the feed didn't meet your expectations, please give it another listen--I think you'll be impressed with what you hear and see!

Broadcastify - Indy Metro, Speedway, Lawrence, and Beech Grove Police Dispatch

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Kudos as the sound quality, and amount of traffic has improved dramatically over the past 24 hours! The reversal of the update cleared up the low volume on the HT's and Mobiles as compared to Dispatch. Now IMPD, Speedway PD sound as clear as Lawrence PD. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.