Injured and ailing people wait as dispatch problems slow LAFD

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Los Angeles, CA - When the machine swallowed her hand, slicing off one finger and mangling the rest, Tania Wafer's co-workers tried frantically to stop the bleeding as a supervisor dialed 911.

Read more: L.A. Times

GrumpyGuard

This should never happen. Why don't they have a manual back up system. Sometimes I think we rely on technology to much in dispatching. If they know that they are having problems LAFD should have a back up system in place. Dispatch should have called the station when the engine and paramedics did not come up on the radio in a timely fashion.

Quickcall

Premium Subscriber
Nothing wrong with just a simple Quick-Call system and a Minitor pager. (Yes I realize this is not practical for every agency)

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
Sometimes forward technology doesn't solve all the perceived problems, they are more prone to failure and if not connected to a backup can cause more problems and lengthen the time for response. The old adage of KISS has never been more apparent and is what needed in this case. Politically I guess there will be a change come election time as these events will resurface to haunt the present administration, as it should, or maybe not after all it is CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.